Chocolate cake(13)

TW//Ed//swearing//verbal abuse//

Karl's POV

"I only weigh 50 pounds, my dad he, he convinced me I'm fat and you kind of I don't know, when you said you cared about me you proved him wrong so maybe if he was wrong about that then maybe he was wrong about this. I need help Karl"

"I know you do, and I'm going to give it to you"

"Thank you so much"

"Anytime"

He just smiles back.

I know he needs help but I honestly don't know how to give it to him

"What is it?" I ask, clearly something is up

"Nothing, it's nothing"

"Hey you can trust me"

"It's just tomorrow is a day that I am dreading because I want to have fun but at the same time I don't want tomorrow to come"

"Because I am buying the dresses?"

"No no no that is one of the reasons I want to get tomorrow faster. It's just my birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to be 17 and I am never acknowledged because the day after it my dad gets shitfaced drunk and doesn't let me do anything, including eat"

"Well do you want to celebrate? Just me and you"

"No it's fine I don't want to bother you"

"Come on! I will get you a cake, we can go out for dinner and then we could watch a movie"

"That would actually be really fun"

"So what do you say?"

"Yeah sure we can do that"

"What kind of cake do you want?"

"Ummm chocolate cake with vanilla icing?"

"Sounds perfect I will call the bakery when we get home"

"Thank you Karl, I have never really celebrated my birthday before"

"Of course! When we go out for dinner you can wear one of your new dresses if you would like"

"You wont be embarrassed by me? A 'boy' in a dress."

"You can wear whatever you would like. It doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl or non binary, you get to chose what you wear and how you act"

He just smiles back I'm really hoping he feels accepted here.

I hear Tommy's phone ringing and he takes it out of his pocket

"Who is it?"

"It's my d-dad"

"Answer it on speaker, he will be mad if you don't pick up and I want to hear what he has to say. Just incase"

"Good idea"

He presses answer and his dad begins to yell

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A 94% ON YOUR TEST YOU IDIOT"

"I'm sorry sir I did my best and it was only one question"

"THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? YOU ARE STUPID AND WORTHLESS AND YOU SHOULD DIE"

"I'm sorry I let you down"

"LET ME DOWN THAT'S A FUCKING UNDERSTATEMENT YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE GOING TO GET WHEN YOU GET HOME I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA THROW YOU DOWNSTAIRS AND THEN I AM GOING TO GET THAT KNIFE AND I'M GOING TO CUT THREE LINES IN YOUR CHEST-"