Chapter 40 - I Love You

Anna's POV

Does she have any clue of what's about to happen? I just hope she says yes.

Yeah, I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend. Finally.

I spent all week planning it. To be honest, I just want it to be perfect. I'm not a person that easily trusts someone, that easily opens up, that commits to things. I'm all fucked up, but she made everything different.

Plus, she's mine. People need to back off, and I want each and every one of them to know she belongs to me.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks me, waking me up from my daydreaming.

"You'll know soon" I reply, smirking at her.

"Anna, come on. Cut this suspense. Can you at least tell me where I'm driving to?"

"Nope" I say, giggling.

"Ugh" She groans and makes an annoyed face.

I put one of my hands on her tight so she can relax a little. I can see she blushed with my gesture but kept looking at the road. So cute.

We drove for another 15 minutes when I saw the spot I've searched on the internet days before. It's this cute place where you can see the city, almost as if we were at the hollywood sign. The nature is beautiful and since it's pretty isolated, no one else is here.

"Okay you can pull over here" I point to her.

"Are you secretly kidnapping me?" She asks, joking.

"Shut up" I giggle, exiting the car.

I grab her hand and guide her so she can see the view.

"Wow" She says, amused by it "How have I never heard of this place before? You know I love rooftops, views and stuff"

"I know, that's why I brought you here" I say.

We both sit down and I can't help but look at her. I don't know how I got so lucky.

"El" I say, making her turn to me to "That's not the only reason we're here"

"Yeah?" She replies with her eyes brighting from curiosity.

I look right into them. Here we go. My heart is beating so fast.

"Ever since we talked on that rooftop for the first time, everything changed." I can see she's paying attention to me with all her soul. "I was ok with being alone. I was ok with not having to worry about anyone. I was used to not trusting people and having no feelings. I never thought someone could change that so easily. Turns out I just needed to meet the right person"

After saying that, I start looking at the ground, a little embarrassed by being so vulnerable to her and nervous for what I'm about to say.

But I really need her to know, so I look back up again.

"Since the first time I saw you, I knew you were my person." I put my hand on her thigh and notice she's shaking a little. I think she's nervous too.

"El, I love you" I finally say it outloud. "I'm in love with you" I fix my gaze on her perfect green eyes. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"