Chapter 24 - Evidence

Ella's POV

I feel something moving behind me and I notice that Anna was already up, using her phone.

"Hey" I say, making her look at me.

"Morning princess" She says, making me blush.

"Are we sticking with the princess?" I joke and she giggles.

"I could call you ice princess because...you know..." She says smirking at me.

"Shut up" I grab a pillow and throw it in her direction.

"Oh you wanna start a fight?" She grabs another one and throws it at me.

One thing led to another and now she has two in her hands. I have none. Well, I'm screwed.

"Okay okay I surrender" I say, putting my hands up.

"See, I won" She replies, putting them down.

But to her surprise, I run in her direction, grabbing her waist and throwing her on the bed under me.

"Guess I win'' I say.

We're both staring really hard at each other and suddenly I'm turned on, again.

Her phone makes a notification noise, bringing me back to reality. Wait, I think I'm forgetting something.

"Wait what time is it?!" I ask Anna and she looks confused.

"Time? What?" She says and I get off her lap, looking for my phone.

11:47 am. Oh no.

"Shit shit shit" I say and start looking for my stuff.

"What's going on?" She asks me

"My mom let me sleep over as long as I was ready for my aunt's birthday" I sigh "At noon"

She lets a small laugh out and I look at her.

"Stop it's not funnyyy" I say, whining.

"Ok ok sorry" She says, going over to her closet.

She grabs one of her hoodies and gives it to me. "You need to cover that" She tells me, pointing at my neck.

Oh great one more thing to worry about. Can someone tell me again why I have to go to my aunt's stupid birthday? Not that I don't like her, it's just that they're kind of toxic.

I put it on and we go downstairs. Anna opens the door for me.

"Thanks for the hoodie, I'll give it back to you later" I say

"Please don't worry about that. Now go, you're already late enough. Text me?"

"Of course" I say, leaning in and giving her a small peck on the lips.

Ugh she's so perfect. No wait I need to get ready then think about her.

I walk into my house, only to see my parents staring at me.

"Oh thank God you showed up" My mom says, looking kind of angry.

"Sorry" I say making puppy eyes "Give me 10 minutes?" I ask them.

"Fine. But only because you look homeless right now. I'll wait in the car" She says and leaves the room. What a bitch. Whatever.

I look over to my dad who's hiding a small laugh.

"Go go" He says, giving me a warm smile.

I do everything as fast as I can and in ten minutes I'm a new person. That's a record for me.

"Ok I'm ready" I say to my dad who's still downstairs.

He takes a look at me and starts to stare at something. Did I do something wrong?

"What?" I ask him.

"You sure you wanna go with that?" He says, rubbing his own neck as a reference.

OH FUCK. I was in such a hurry I forgot to cover the hickey.

"It's our secret. Don't worry" He smiles "I'll just wait in the car"

I'm so nervous right now. He's the best. If that was my mom she would've killed me. But there's another thing in my mind. Does he realise that I've just gotten back from a sleepover...at my neighbour's? Did I just out myself? That's the only thing on my mind all the way there.

"Ok we're here" My mom says, parking the car.

Ok, I can do this, just calm down Ella.