Chapter 27 - Night Encounters

Anna's POV

I feel the cold night breeze as I reach the stairs that lead to the rooftop. I can see her sitting there with head down. When I get closer, I notice she's crying. Seeing her like this is breaking my heart.

"El, what happened?" I say as I sit next to her "Are you okay?"

"Hi" She says with a soft voice "I'm okay don't worry"

"Why are you crying?" I ask, trying to understand what's going on.

"I told them" She says, now looking at the view.

"Told what to whom?" I'm still so confused. She turns to my side and faces me.

"I told my parents I like...girls" Oh. Now everything makes sense, I'm so slow to get what's going on.

"I'm so proud of you" I tell her, pulling her into a hug. "So were they nice about it? Or is that the reason you are crying?"

"My dad was super nice. My mom could've been nicer, but it's ok" She says. "I'm crying because I finally feel free. It's a cry of relief."

"I'm happy for you" Thank God her parents were cool because I would've been pissed if anyone said shitty things.

"Can I ask why you decided to do that now?" Is this because of what I think it might be or am I creating false hopes?

"You know why" She says, staring directly into my eyes.

"I don't think I do" I say, blushing a little. Is she saying she did that...for me?

"I did it because I wanna be who I am and stop hiding from it" She tells me "But I could say some things definitely encouraged me to do it"

"Oh really? What things?" I say with a smirk.

She doesn't answer me. Instead, she closes the gap between us, kissing me slowly. I put my hand on her neck and pull her body closer to mine. I'm fighting the urge to take her home and take all her clothes off right now.

Things start getting more intense and if we don't stop now I don't think we'll be able to.

"El..." I say, hoping she gets what I mean. I bet today was a hard day for her and I don't want to make her do anything she doesn't want to.

"Right right" she says, pulling away. "I should probably go, my parents are still awake" she says "But let's do something tomorrow" She suggests

"Okay, don't worry" I reply, getting up. "And of course we can do something tomorrow, but this time I'll drive"

"You wish" She says, laughing

We say goodbye and she goes back to her house, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Everything has been going really fast since I met her two months ago. We only have one month left of summer. What if she goes to college in another state? I know she told me she wants UCLA but I don't know. Am I ready to be officially in a relationship, especially on social media?

Maybe I should just sleep it off.