Chapter 32

"Can I see her now?" Levi ask Hanji
"Yeah sure"
Levi enter the room only to see Mary or the one he used to know called Sergeant, still unconscious. He sit down on the chair beside her. Hanji then take her time to leave because she feels he needs a privacy. When Levi heard the door close, he held her hand like a fragile glass.

"You've got some explaining to do sergeant. We just finished our meeting earlier and its about the identity of female titan. Guess what, it's that Jeager brat's classmate who is now a Military Police. But you know it anyways since you're from the future. You're right about me gaining that stupid title 'Humanities Strongest Soldier'. And also about that Jeager brat being a titan. " Levi start, unknown to him she's only pretending to be unconscious.

"When I first saw you back at Trost District, you reminded me of someone I used to know. My childhood best friend, Y/N L/N. You have the same scar as her in the neck."

She immediately got alarmed when he mentioned her full name and about the scar.

.........
"Where did you get that scar?" Levi ask curiously

"Oh, you mean this?" She asks referring to the scar at her neck

"Yeah, looks like someone wants to slit your throat that you have a scar like that" Levi said

"I don't remember how I get this scar and I already have this since I was a kid"
................

"She got attacked by a thug in Underground when we were kids and I couldn't do anything because I was small and weak. Someone save us and fought the thugs all alone. Since you were stubborn, you tried to help that person fighting off those thugs. You ended up getting in the way and that person who tried to save us accidentally slashed your neck. Guess that scared the person who tried to save us so he/she ended up killing all those thugs to finish the fight immediately and help you. The good thing is the cut is shallow so you're safe and the person bandage your neck then left immediately. I only caught a glimpse of a golden hair but I never saw the face. Y/N's been on hiding ever since 14 years ago. Then 7 years ago at midnight, Mira,  Y/N's mother appear in front of me"

'So this is what Lumina mention earlier about Mira who appeared at Underground District seven years ago. But she didn't know what happen. She only knows that she appeared at that district by looking at the memories of the thugs there'

"She told me about her being the demon created by Lucifer and she's being hunted down by Lilith to devour her and get her power that is closely related to Lucifer. It's so sudden that I just go along with her. Then she....  wanted to passed all her remaining power to me since Lilith found her. That night..... Lilith appeared. And I can't forget how those terrifying red eyes of hers glow in the darkness. She......  tortured Mira in front of me then ate her!! "

Y/N is taken a back by his statement.

'Lilith....  Lilith... Lilith!!!!  So that's why mom wants to kill that Lilith. Because she make her life miserable and ended her brutally right in front of Levi'

"Lilith ate Mira to have all her power but she got nothing since all her power has been transferred to me. I escape that night, and ever since that time I'm always having nightmares so I don't want to sleep. My nightmares gotten worse when Farlan and Isabel died. When I rose up in ranks in corps,  the only escape I have from my nightmares are paperworks. I-I'm ashamed of myself. How can I face my best friend when she's back? But now she's right in front of me and lose her memories because Mira remove it herself for her safety. I'll wait for you to regain your memories........ Y/N" Levi said

'Levi.... '

"Why am I talking like a fool? You're unconcious, it's not like you can hear me"

'Oh, I bet you will kick the wall yourself when you find out I'm awake the whole time' Y/N thought sarcastically