Chapter 1

Your POV:

We were heading to my lacrosse game, my older brother Riley was driving he wanted to test out his new sports car, my mom sat in the front while my dad and I were in the back. My older sister Shay was driving her own car behind us as she had to leave right after the game to go to work.

I was playing a country team so it was a fair drive from where we lived, Riley and I were singing Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony (yes we are both Harmonizers) our parents made a joke about us being a duo as we could both sing. We were chatting and laughing until a kangaroo jumped in front of Riley's car he quickly swerved but due to the cars speed he lost control of the car, my dad quickly unbuckled his seat belt and jumped on top of keep me safe before the car smashed into a tree.

I was barely conscious when I herd Shay screaming at Riley to help me. I looked around for my dad but I couldn't see him I tried to move but I screamed out as I was in too much pain, I looked down and I had a massive piece of glass sticking out of my stomach.

Shay and Riley managed to lift me out of the car, Shay was crying and kept saying "keep your eyes open help is on it's way".
Riley mumbled something about Checking on mom, he soon returned covered in blood he came over to me and kissed my head and held my hand and kept repeating how sorry he was.

The last thing I remember was looking into his piercing blue eyes and telling him that it wasn't his fault before I blacked out.

Shay's POV:

I woke up from hearing Y/n scream, I ran to her bedroom to find her screaming for Riley and our parents, even though it has been 4 months she was still having a flashbacks from the accident almost every night, I gently woke her up and held her while she sobbed in my arms, after a while her breathing evened out and I knew she was asleep.

"That was kind of intense" my friend Matt whispered from the doorway, I just got up closed Y/n's door, Matt embraced me in a hug when he realized I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Do you want to talk about it"

I nodded and Matt pick me up bridal style and sat us on the couch "I don't know where to start.." I whispered

"Just tell me what ever your comfortable with babe"

I told Matt about how the accident happened and how our dad died instantly from the impact and how our mom died in Riley's arms, he was very supportive and patient with me while I broke down in his arms many times.

"What other injuries did Y/n and Riley have"

"Besides having emergency surgery to have the glass removed from her stomach which led her to have a blood transfusion from all the blood loos, she also broke her collar bone, and a couple ribs she also had a cut on her forehead which needed 5 stitches.. Riley had a broken nose and wrist and his face was badly bruised"

"Wait if Riley only had minor injuries how did he die"

I knew he was going to ask this "After Riley was discharged from hospital a couple of hours later, we were waiting for news about Y/n's surgery he told me h-he would be right back he said he was just getting some food s-so I let him go, h-he n-never came back Matt I waited for a-ages. When the doctors came out to tell us that Y/n was okay I grabbed my phone to find a text from him saying.

"That he was so sorry for the accident and killing our parents, he said he couldn't live with himself. He told me to look after Y/n and that he loves us but he couldn't live in this world with all the guilt"

"I never blamed him Matt it didn't even cross my mind, I never would have, Y/n and I knew it was a accident".

"So after seeing that text I called the police and sent them to his apartment h-he committed suicide he had left a note for Y/n".

"When Y/n finally woke up I had to tell her that we lost our parents I still remember the look on her face, the only time she said anything was to ask about Riley, when I said Riley had committed suicide she started hysterically crying and had a panic attack, it was so severe that her heart stopped."

"I almost lost her too" I started crying again and Matt held me tighter. I promise to myself and my parents that I would look after her. but it was hard she completely numbed out her feelings, every night she would take her Nike bag and go out and either come home high or drunk."

"After I had talked to her she broke down and cried for the second time since losing losing them, she told me that she wanted to move as that place held too many memories for her, I asked where and she said Miami and now here we are two months later."

3 months later

Shay's POV

It was coming up to Y/n's 18th birthday, I have no idea what to get her she wanted to get a couple of tattoo's so I already agreed as my boyfriend Matt is a tattoo artist and he would do it for free.

I was flicking though the channels on the Tv when a certain advert caught my eye it was for the X factor and they were holding auditions and the Miami one would be held on Y/n's birthday it was perfect. Y/n would always sing and play her guitar she was amazing, she always wanted to audition before the accident but sadly she never got the chance too.

1 week later

I had secretly recorded Y/n singing and playing her guitar to Demi Lovato's Warrior and sent it into to the X factor. I have been waiting to hear a reply from them. As her birthday and the audition was in 3 days time.

I checked the mail to find a letter addressed to Y/n I quickly ripped it open to and scanned over it I read that Y/n has got a guaranteed audition and they were very impressed and they look forward to seeing her. I ran upstairs to go tell her.

Your POV:

I was in my room Listing to one of my idol's Demi Lovato when Shay randomly burst's into my room looking like she was going to explode. I took off my beats headphones and Shay started screaming and talking really fast.

"Y/N Y/N ISIGNEDYOUUPTOTHEXFACTORANDYOUGOTANAUDITION"

"Shay calm down and say it again so I can understand you" I chuckled

"Sorry" Shay pouted and spoke again

"I signed you up to audition for the X factor and you got a guaranteed audition"

"Are you fucking serious" I yelled "I don't know whether to hug you or kill you I'm no where near good enough to go on there everyone will laugh at me" I rambled

"Y/n" Shay said seriously "you have an amazing talent I can assure you that they won't laugh considering I sent them a video of you singing already"

I looked at Shay stunned "you did what"

"Look I knew this had always been a dream for you and Demi freaking Lovato is a judge"

"T-thank you sis I love you" I manage to stutter out

"I love you to Y/nn" she cooed "but now you have to practice the audition is on your birthday"

I started to freak out again "Shay that's the day after tomorrow"

Shay gave me a hug and "spoke a soft I know" and left my room for me to practice.

AN/: Can you please leave some feedback as this is the first book I wrote. I hope you all have a good day/night - Karren