"I even invited Jesse for ya," Lance said with a smirk as he nudged his head to where Jesse and Kyle were.

I simply shoved him away from me, rolling my eyes.

Though I would never tell Lance, him inviting Jesse means a lot to me.

I didn't really like celebrating my birthday when I was younger as my father was never there, though my mom tried to make it the best day ever, it was still hard for me. My father would promise to come, only to never show up, effectively ruining my birthday.

From the ages of four to eight, I stopped celebrating my birthday. Not wanting to continuously get my hopes up.

It wasn't until after I met Jesse that I started to celebrate my birthday again. When she found out the reason behind why I don't celebrate my birthday, her exact words were that my father was a pee brain who I shouldn't let get in the way of me celebrating a very special day. From the ages of nine to thirteen, Jesse made sure every birthday was special.

"Here you go Myles," Jesse said trying to conceal her excitement, but the grin on her face gave her away.

"You know I told you not to get me anything," I said, a grin playing at the end of my lips as I took the small pink box from her hands.

We were currently sitting in the treehouse eating the red velvet cake my mom made us for my twelfth birthday.

"How could you expect me to not get you anything on your special day," She said releasing a scoff before urging me to open the box.

With a shake of my head, I opened the box, my smile never slipping.

"No way," I whispered out staring at the tickets in awe.

In my hand were three boxing tickets to see a boxing match between light-heavyweight fighter Andre Ward and the undefeated three-belt light-heavyweight champion, Sergey Kovalev, for tonight.

"How did you manage to score front row tickets?" I asked in shock.

"A year of allowance and a bit of help from my mom and dad! By the way, the third ticket is for my dad, as we need an adult to go with us. Do you like it? She asked tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

I can't believe she went through all this trouble for me. 

"Like it? I love it! Thank you," I said before pulling her into a  hug, overwhelmed with joy.

No one has ever done anything like this for me.

I felt her arms wrap around me, her fast heartbeat matching my own.

"Your welcome," She whispered, my arms tightening around her.

"And one day I'll be buying front row tickets to see you, Rocky!" She said grinning ear to ear.

"Hey, you okay there, you kind of spaced out for a moment," West said awakening me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said giving him a smile.

"Well, you've been staring at her for over a minute and it's starting to get weird. So, it's either you go over there or I call her over," West said with a smirk.

"You're one to talk," I replied alluding to the many times I caught him staring at Talia from afar.

Looking back over at Jesse, I saw that she was already looking at me, Kyle no longer in sight.

With a push from behind me, I began to make my way over to her, while thanking Malia and Talia for the birthday wishes they sent my way.

I almost got stuck in my tracks because she looked, so beautiful especially with her hair down.

Though she looks beautiful no matter how her hair looks.

"Happy Birthday Myles," She greeted once I stood before her.

"Thank you," I replied giving her a small smile.

"It's been a while since I last celebrated my birthday" I stated, making her frown a bit.

"Really, how come?" She asked

"I didn't see the point in celebrating if you weren't there," I admitted, peering into her eyes, which held shock.

"In fact, I'm really happy you came, it wouldn't have been the same without you," I said making a smile appear on her face.

"I'm happy I came too," She stated.

"Oh, um before I forget, I got you something," She said digging into her purse, before pulling out a small box.

She got me something?

"You know you didn't have to get me anything," I said releasing a sigh as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Just open it," She said placing the light pink box in my hands.

I looked at the box in awe, surprised that she actually got me a gift.

Jesse tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, indicating that she was nervous.

Why would she be nervous, I would love anything she got me.

Opening the box, I was met with a stainless steel silver necklace, 

Pulling the necklace out of the box, I saw that there were a pair of boxing gloves attached to it.

" I know it's not much, but when I saw it, it immediately made me think of you. I still have the receipt if you want to re-" I cut off Jesse's rant by me pulling her into a hug.

Her body tensed up for a moment, before relaxing into my hold her arms going around my waist.

"Thank you, I love it," I whispered running a hand through her hair.

"Your welcome," She whispered back, nuzzling her head deeper into my chest.

"You'll always be my Rocky," She whispered into my chest, though I was still able to hear what she said, my grin widening at the familiar nickname.

For a couple of minutes, the two of us stood there enjoying one another's embrace. Neither one of us wanting to let go just yet.

It felt like we were the only two people in the world, and it was at that moment that I knew I never wanted to not have her in my life.

I know I broke my promise last time, but now more than ever I will do everything I can to ensure that I never lose her again.