Chapter 18: Dream

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 4K READS!!!!

George was softly snoring on Dream's shoulder. I can't believe he thought I would hate him when I love him more than any other person in my life. He's just so important to me. 

Dream noticed that his hand was still in George's. Dream lifted George's hand and kissed it lightly. "Ok George," Dream sighed gently moving George's head onto his pillow. George twitched a little but was still asleep. 

 Dream moved George's hair out of his eyes and got the blanket from his bed. He set an alarm on his phone for about the time they needed to leave. Dream had already left a little space for himself right around George. He curled up and fell into a light sleep.

A loud noise broke Dream's peaceful sleep and Dream sat up abruptly. George groaned and rolled over. "Sorry Georgie," Dream said softly. He went quickly into his bedroom to change. He picked out one of his white collared shirts and found a pair of jeans in his piles of clothes. Now, which shoes should I wear? 

Dream eventually chose a pair of green and white retro Jordans. Fuck I need to go wake George. George was still sleeping and Dream really didn't want to wake him. "Hey George," Dream said as sweetly and softly as he could while lightly shaking George. George groaned and opened his eyes and looked stunned. Dream realized he was so close to George's face. I could just lean in and... No. I can't do that George is not into me.

George was slowly turning red and trying to get some words in. " "I ummm need to go get changed," George said running to his room.

That was so awkward but I need to go get changed. Dream put on his outfit and debated on whether a tie was too formal. He decided it was but cologne might be a good idea. Dream didn't know what to do while he waited for George so he just looked through Twitter. Eventually, he heard George's footsteps coming toward him. Dream looked up and saw the British boy wearing a light blue collared shirt and a pair of tighter fitting jeans. 

Fuuuuuuck. He is so damn handsome. "Georgie, you look really really handsome," Dream said blushing while rubbing the nape of his neck. How can one man be so good-looking? George giggled and thanked Dream. He then opened the door for George and opened the car for him. Why am I so nervous? It's my family but what if they accidentally say something. What if I have to come out? I am not ready. Dream felt warmth surround his hand. He looked over at George who had intertwined his hand with Dream's. George started rubbing Dream's thumb which made him smile. George also started to smile as he looked off into the radio.

Dream continued to drive and they were soon pulling into his childhood home. George untangled their hands and began to get out of the car but Dream could feel the nervousness coming off George. "Hey," Dream said softly, "Just be yourself. They will love you just as much as I do." George's breath sped up but was slowing down by the second. "Ok ok all I have to do is just be normal," George said shakily while opening up the door. Dream got around to the front of the car and waited for George. George still looked really nervous so Dream took his hand. "It's going to be ok," Dream said, looking down at George. Dream led George to the door and rang the small brass doorbell.

Dream rubbed George's hand and then untangled their hands. "Clay," his mom said, opening the door and engulfing him in a hug, "and you must be George. It is a pleasure to meet you." Dream intertwined his hands together nervously as he waited for George's response. "Thank you so much for inviting me over," George said, shaking Dreams' mom's hand. Ok, we are off to a good start. "So Mom what's for dinner," Dream asked curiously. Please let it be lasagna and not a casserole. "I made a casserole. I hope you like it," his Mom said happily leading them to the dining room. George shoved Dream playfully, "I told you so," George whispered.

Sitting at the table was Drista already serving herself some casserole. "Drista," Dream's mom yelled, "Why are you eating? We have guests." Drista hung her head guilty and waved at George. Dream and George sat down next to each other as Drista began to open her mouth. "So George," she began, "Are you and Clay actually dating? If so I totally called it and I am about to be flushed with cash." George choked and cleared his throat in surprise. "Drista why would you say something like that," Dream complained. "What I am just asking," Drista shrugged. 

 Dream sighed and shook his head. At least baby photos haven't come up yet. "So Dream are you going to show me those baby photos you promised," George asked leaning over. Dream chuckled nervously and looked at his mom with a knowing look. "Umm George why don't you tell us about your family," Dream's mom says. George sighed obviously disappointed but went on anyway. "Woah your family sounds very complicated," Drista blurted out. Dream facepalmed on the table and glared at his sister. "Our family is complicated with Clay being trans and our Dad leaving us," Drista sighed.

 "Um what," George said confused, "Dream is trans."