Chapter 17: George

Dream eventually looked up at George who by now was bright red. George looked away quickly and rubbed his neck. Dream laughed a little and stood up walking to the PS4. 

"Want to play Minecraft until it's time to get changed and go," Dream asked, getting the disk out.

 "Yes, I would love that," George replied, getting up but immediately covered his mouth. I said love again. I need to stop saying love. I am stupid. George sat on the couch and sighed. He looked up at the screen and saw Dream standing in front of him.

 "Is something wrong," Dream asked nervously. There is never anything wrong with him. It's me I have screwed up our relationship. He didn't even talk to me after the whole I love you thing.

"You have just been so weird since I said that you loved me," George sighed. Dream sat down next to George and put his hand in George's. "Georgie I am just worried about tonight. Of course, I love you. You just caught me off guard that's all," Dream replied rubbing his thumb over George's thumb. George rested his head on Dream's shoulder and said, "I am sorry. I was so caught up thinking about myself. I didn't even consider how nervous you might be about tonight." The heat of Dream's neck warmed George's head. Soon George fell fast asleep leaning on Dream.

"Hey George," Dream said softly, shaking George awake. "Hmmmm," George groaned slowly, opening his eyes. Dream was crouched next to the couch almost two inches away from George's face. George felt his face heat up. He is so close to me. I could just lean in and... No.

George sat up abruptly and flattened his hair embarrassed by his own thoughts. "I ummm need to go get changed," George said running to his room. George grabbed his jeans and escaped to the bathroom. Why was that my first reaction to his face being so close? I need to stop thinking of him like that. He's my best friend, nothing more. Right? George changed into his jeans and found some of his cologne in his bag. 

While he was searching through the bag he found a light blue collared shirt. I will actually look presentable now. He combed his hair and walked out of the room and saw Dream standing by the door looking at his phone. Dream was wearing a white collared shirt that was tucked into his jeans. He was wearing a pair of white and green Jordans and he had combed his hair. "Georgie, you look really really handsome," Dream said softly, rubbing the nape of his neck. George blushed and thanked Dream as Dream opened the door. 

 They got in the car and started to drive down the dark streets. There wasn't much to see out the window so George just looked at the radio. They barely talked but George could basically feel the nervous energy radiating off of Dream.

George took Dream's hand and intertwined their fingers. 

George softly rubbed the top of Dream's thumb and watched Dream smile. George felt himself smiling as well as he looked back on the radio. Dream has that smile that is just infectious and I love it. I love everything about him. No that's weird. Soon they were pulling into a nice-sized house on the end of the cul de sac. George felt himself get really nervous as they began to untangle their hands. 

"Hey," Dream said softly, "Just be yourself. They will love you just as much as I do." "Ok ok all I have to do is just be normal," George said shakily. George got out of the car and Dream was waiting for him at the front of the car. Dream took George's hand and softly said, "It's going to be ok." For some reason, this made all the difference to George. Dream made George feel safe and comforted, just having him here was the only thing that mattered. Dream led George to the door and rang the small brass doorbell.  

Getting close...