Chapter 14: Dream

"Thanks for letting me use your bathroom," George said, "Do we need to make the guest bed still?" Dream nodded and went to his room to grab some sheets. Why would my mom think George was my boyfriend? "Let's go make the bed. You are going to need some sleep. Family dinner is going to be a little hectic," Dream said grabbing George's hand and trying desperately to avoid talking too long. Dream saw George blush as he followed Dream into the guest room. Dream made the bed while George got some pillows. When the bed was finally made George turned off his light. "Ok if you need anything just come wake me up," Dream said. That's not weird. No stop overthinking things. "Ok Dreamie. Goodnight," George said collapsing on the bed. "I love you, Georgie. Goodnight," Dream said closing the door. 

 Dream went into his room and changed. Finally, his lungs were free and he collapsed into bed. Maybe tonight I will get some sleep. Dream turned off his light and tried to relax his mind but all he could hear was the thunder outside. Dream could only think if George was in his room scared and lonely. Should I go down there? No, he is probably sleeping. He seemed really tired. Even though Dream tried to reassure himself that George was fine he couldn't seem to fall asleep. The thunder outside seemed to be getting louder and louder. Dream got up and headed toward the door. "Dream," he could hear George say through the door. Dream opened the door and saw George standing there shaking and almost crying. "Georgie?" Dream said. "Dream I can't sleep. The thunder is just so loud. I'm scared, Dream," George said with voice cracks. I hate to see George like this all I want is for him to be safe and happy. What do I do?

Dream pulled George into him and hugged him tightly. "It's okay George. I am right here. You can stay in my room tonight ok?" Dream said softly patting George's hair. Why was it so fucking soft. Dream felt George nod into his shoulder and Dream took his hand. George lied down on Dream's bed. Dream sat on the edge of the bed and looked over at George breathing heavily. "Do you want me to wait until you fall asleep," Dream asked softly. If he goes to sleep first he hopefully won't notice I'm not wearing my binder. "Would you," George asked. "Of course Georgie. I just want you to feel safe," Dream replied lying down next to George. Dream was a couple of inches away from George but he could see George's breathing slow. Dream felt really tired all of a sudden and promptly passed out and fell into a light sleep.  Dream felt warmer suddenly and he slowly opened his eyes. George had snuggled so close to Dream that he could feel the top of George's head on his chin. 

 Dream moved his arms around George who was still shaking a little. He's probably freezing and scared. I should have gotten him some blankets. I am so stupid, I really need to focus on George more. Dream pulled George even closer to him and didn't truly fall asleep until George stopped shaking and his breathing returned to normal. Imagine what would have happened if he wasn't here. I am so glad that he was with me. "I love you, George," Dream whispered softly into the dark room, "I am so glad you are here and that you get to meet my family. I just want you to be happy and safe." Dream fell asleep with his best friend tucked up in his arms.

A soft light peaked through the blinds and softly stirred Dream. Woah I am so warm. Usually, I am freezing in the morning. Dream looked down and saw George softly sleeping in his arms. Oh my lord, I forgot about last night. I really need to put on a binder or something before he wakes up. If I move he might wake up though and I don't want that. Maybe I could sleep a little while longer. Dream was conflicted: stay here in the warm bed and risk getting outed or getting up and putting on a chest and lung compressor. The choice would seem obvious to most people but Dream slowly removed his arms from under George. George moved a little and Dream smiled and walked into his closet. He found one of his binders and put it on. Ugh, my ribs already hurt but I need to do this, he can't know. Dream looked around and found a grey blanket for George. He walked out and George was breathing softly on his bed. I need to lay this blanket on him ever so gently so he doesn't wake up. He laid the blanket on lightly and Patches moved to curl up next to George.

I need a picture of this for my lock screen. That's not weird, right? No. Dream snatched his phone off his desk and snapped a picture. Dream blushed as he examined the picture. George's hair was spread out on his pillow and there was a pink tint to his cheeks. Patches was curled into George's side, purring softly. He changed his lock screen to the new photo and sighed. I wish I could have stayed just a little while longer. I really want to go back but I will wake him. Dream groaned softly and went to his bathroom to brush his teeth. He opened his top drawer and saw all his testosterone needles. It was almost time to buy another round but he couldn't do it when George was here. When he was done brushing his teeth he sat down at his desk.

Minecraft always calmed him down so he opened Minecraft and created a world. A sand biome loaded in front of him and there was a village up ahead. Ok. Good spawn. I just need to get to the village and get some sticks. First, he got a tree and made a crafting table. Now he could make some tools. Thankfully there was some exposed stone nearby so he could make some stone weapons. He wandered around the sand biome until he got to the village. The low-resolution emoji broke the hay bales by the houses. Now, where is that iron golem? I really need some iron right now. The iron giant was by one of the crop fields and Dream hit it quickly and then towered up. Ok, five iron that's great I can make a bucket. Dream placed his crafting table quickly, made a bucket, and filled it with water from the well. Just need a lava pool and hopefully a good nether spawn. The timer read 5 minutes as Dream found his lava pool. He started the final section of the portal when George groaned behind him. He paused his game and looked back as George slowly sat up.