Saving Peter & Mr. Rider

Chapter: Eight

Theo was being attacked by Malia while Zara was standing beside Isaac frozen in fear, as soon as she saw Theo's face the only thing she could think about was how in the hallucination his plunged the stake deep in her chest, he didn't miss that time and he actually did stab her in the heart.

When Theo was dragged into the earth by his dead sister Zara felt a sense of relief fill her knowing he was gone, but now that she's seeing him again she can't help but feel anxious as her fight or flight kicks in. Her body is leaning on flight to be honest, the last time she fought with him she ended up filled with kanima venom through a syringe.

She watched as Scott pulled off the werecoyote who was snarling angrily at the boy underneath her who was bleeding from the nose and mouth and didn't seem to be healing.

"Malia, stop!" Scott says as he restrained her in his grip even though she's thrusting every direction to break free, "He's going back in the ground." Scott's gaze hardens as he looks at the boy who's leaning on his elbows with his eyes growing in fear.

"No! He can't!" Liam exclaimed

"What? Why not?" Isaac scoffs

"Because, he remembers Stiles." Liam says with a frantic look in his eyes.

"Scott remembers Stiles, we all remember him." Lyla frowns

"No, he actually remembers him. When we brought him back he said his name and was confused when none of us recognized it. He said that Stiles was smart enough not to trust him. Look," Liam sighs, "The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt. He can help us."

"Or he could kill us." Zara whispered

Liam's eyes softened, "I'm sorry, but he's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword."

"Lia—" Scott tries

"It's so awkward when mom and dad fight." Theo interrupts as he sits against the wall with blood stained around his lips.

"Shut up!" Liam and Scott yell in sync.

"You guys are right, if anything happens we'll take the sword and send him back to the Skinwalkers." Hayden says

"Except Liam's the one with the sword" Theo chimes

"Shut up!" Everyone in the room screams making Theo instantly close his mouth.

The pack disperses leaving Zara, Malia and Hayden in the room. Malia goes to walk forward towards Theo but Hayden blocks her way, Zara just glances at the boy against the wall as she worries her bottom lip. They make eye contact and Zara flinches getting a glimpse of the stake in her chest and flickers her gaze elsewhere.

She didn't think that hallucination in Canaan would effect her so much, but now that Theo's back? He could very well actually kill her this time.

"Okay, look. I know that there are mixed feelings all around. But I may be your only hope to stop the Wild Hunt." He says with a vulnerable look in his eyes.

He doesn't wanna go back, of course he doesn't.. Zara was pretty this kid had been in hell for months. He'd probably do anything to stay alive right now, even if it meant play nice with everyone.