Back Home & Relics

Chapter: Four

Zara was woken up by the sound of the alarm system going off in the loft, she quickly yanked her blankets off and slips out of the room quietly. When she vamps down the stairs she realized the alarm has been shut off and there's a dark haired girl dressed in a dark blue shirt, a leather jacket, dark jeans and boots standing next to pillar by the bed.

"I don't know how I remember the password to that." She says as she backs away from the alarm control panel with a puzzled look on her face.

"Yeah, well. We're not able to remember alot of things around here." Zara gives the girl a faint smile. "Welcome back to Beacon Hills, Cora."

Cora just rolls her eyes before running over and pulling Zara into a hug, Zara wraps her arms around her distant friend and squeezes her back before pulling away and placing her hands in her sweatpants pockets.

"I missed you."

"The feeling is mutual. You got any food? I ran a long time to get here." Cora says as she makes her way towards the kitchen with Zara trailing after her.

"The fridge is always stocked, I have werewolf and werecoyote best friends, gotta have food for everyone." Zara says as she takes a seat on the stool infront of the counter watching as Cora helps herself to the cabinet filled with snacks, her eyes glisten as she watches Cora pull out a big bag of unopened Doritos.

"May I?" Cora asked, Zara nods and she opens it without hesitation and instantly pours some of the chips into a big bowl she finds in the top cabinet above the stove. "So, you gave me the gist of the story but I need details. You said there's a pack bond that's distant to three people who are missing because of the Wild Hunt?" She then pops a Dorito past her lips, Zara takes one and does the same.

"Yeah, you understand what the Wild Hunt is, right?"

"Ghost Cowboys who ride the lighting snatching people and erasing them from existence?" She nods as she grabs another chip, "Pretty hard not to get." She chews for a bit, "So how do you know that two of the missing people are related to me? I believe you, I just want proof."

"Give me a sec." Zara then vamps up towards her room and pulls out the paper from beneath her pillow, she then grabs her phone from the nightstand and looks at her photo album to find the one with Stiles' name as she vamps back to the kitchen. "Here you go. Basically what we did was we had our friendly neighborhood Banshees Lydia and her twin sister Lyla do a little experiment. It was a piece of glass that had been tainted by the Ghost Riders, one of their bullets that they shot at a missing families windshield. You still with me?" Cora nods and gestures for her to go on, so she does.

"So basically they had to clear their minds and focus on the glass, this is what happened when they were given pens. They both wrote the same thing." She showed Cora the one for Stiles on her phone first. "We're not quite sure what the name mischief is for but it spells out the name Stiles. And none of us remember who he is, we just know we have weird dreams and gaps in our memory. He affected us alot, for example I can't even remember when I became friends with my pack.. I think Stiles played a huge part in all of that. And... I think I turned him into a vampire too, I had a dream about it."

"Okay, so that's one of them that's missing. It seems I don't remember a Stiles either.. I didn't even think that was a name." Cora says with a baffled look on her face as she realizes, Stiles is actually someone's name. "Okay.  And the other one?" She says with hesitation in her voice.