(C)

Im not saying I'm  terrified and close to shitting my pants, but that's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not ready, not even close and yet here I am.

"Go get your stuff, and I'll meet you back at the hospital entrance at 10. Angel can stay here until you get back." Dr. Suh had explained, as if I had the balls to go back to where I had been staying.

I stood a safe distance from the front door, not wanting to attract any attention from whoever might've been inside. No other car was in the drive, but you never know. Sara-lyn's Aunt Trina only lived a few blocks away, and would often come over without a car, so I had to be extra careful.

Okay, I'm gonna do I-
"And I beat the yellow bastard til he bled," her dads drunken voice carried through the breeze as he stepped out of the front door, phone up to his ear. Yellow? Racist much! My blood boiled at his words. Of course he had aggressions towards me, hated me even, but don't slur at me. I rolled my eyes and tried to stay as concealed as possible. He was obviously going somewhere so I would just wait until he left. But to no avail. The old man began bumbling about something in words I honestly didn't understand. He had tears in his eyes, I could tell that.

I knew he had been through some tough shit this past year, so my heart still went out to him despite his behavior. He lost a wife and a daughter, and in a way a granddaughter. I had had so much respect for him when I first got here, being the epitome of a strong family man. But life has a funny, well more so morbid way, of changing everything.

"I just can't believe she's really not here. I looked in her room and everywhere, and she's really gone, Trina. I put all the blame on that kid, when I knew I was just angry because I didn't protect my little girl. Now she's gone."

Did I mention that my emotions have been that of a teenage girl lately? Because whatever he just said tugged at my heart, tears inevitable.

"Hold on, I hear something." His voice became harsh, the sound of him moving was startling. I began to step back before losing my footing and falling onto my ass. Fuck! That was kinda loud considering I yelled out in pain!

"Who's there?!" He called out. I panicked. I knew I had to stay quiet but my body felt like it was on fire. The adrenaline pumped through me as I tried to quickly, yet quietly get up from the ground, without him seeing me.

Slowly, my body began to sink and sink and sink until I felt nothing more that the rapid beat of my heart. He was so close to where I was and I was still yet to be discovered. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to press my body against a wall or something, the closest thing being the side door. My hands felt around for the knob, just praying that it wouldn't be locked so maybe I could just slip inside without too much damage. And then, as if God himself shined upon me, it opened.

All I could do was exhale every breath I had been holding in. From here, getting my things shouldn't be a problem. I didn't have much and I hadn't accumulated many things while here in America. I didn't like stuff with no value, so I only kept memory-pieces.
My suitcases were all tucked under my bed and I quickly tried to stuff everything I had into them, before filling them and leaving the small bedroom. I looked back at the place one more time, just to remember.

~"I love you," she huffed, eyes still wandering mine in adoration. "I-I love you too." I sputtered, leaning back down to kiss Sara-lyn. It wasn't anything heavy, in contrast what had just been done, but sweet and reassuring that we hadn't ruined anything. Not our friendship or the more serious relationship we had just begun.
I pulled the yellow comforter up over her bare shoulder to keep her small body warm and threw my arm around her to hold her close. Sara-lyn seemed all the more precious and fragile to me now. I never want to hurt her. ~