Chapter 55

Valentine's Day dance
Third person

" I don't have a date for the dance. I'm an independent women," Quinn smirked. "You're so dramatic! I just asked if anyone had asked you yet" Blair rolled her eyes. "No nobody has asked me but I'm fine I said I was concentrating on myself for a while" she replied. "I guess you can go with Carson and I if you want" . "I don't wanna be mean but I don't wanna third wheel with my brother and my best friend" she laughed. "Anyway I'll see you later at mine to get ready okay". "Yep later" Quinn smiled as she walked into her class.

"Smile!" Blair's maid smiled as she took the photo of Blair, Jake and I. "Aww you guys look great! We should take some photos outside when your dates get here." She smiled as she swiped through the photos. "I'm so excited" Blair squealed. A few minutes later the doorbell rang. "Oh shit they're here! How do I look?". "You look gorgeous" Quinn reassured her. "Ladies are we ready?" Jake sighed standing at the door. At the bottom of the stairs stood Blake and Carson. Luke stood over waiting at the door. Jake made his way down. Blake held out his hand for his. They met at the bottom of the stairs. "You look amazing" Blake said with a lovesick smile. You could see the faint blush on Jakes face. Next Blair made her way down dramatically, which didn't really surprise anyone. She was greeted by Carson at the bottom of the stairs. They stood there for a few moments.  "Quinn are you coming?!" Blair yelled up the stairs. Quinn stood at the top of the stairs. "Yep sorry I forgot something" she let out a nervous giggle. She grabbed the railing and walked down the stairs. She didn't want to fall over the dress. Luke looked over at her. He was stunned. He could feel his heart warm up as well as his face. He tried to look way but it was like his eyes were glued to her. Blake smirked over at him. Luke looked away and let out a slight cough. "Where's Wyatt?" Quinn asked once she reached the end of the stairs. "Picking his date up" Carson smiled. The couples made their way out the door to the garden for photos. "So you don't have a date either?" Quinn looked at Luke. "No". "Wait really!?". "Why are you so surprised!?". "Cause you usually have girls falling at your feet". "I don't even wanna go to this stupid dance" he replied walking out the door, she just rolled her eyes at him.

A photographer stood their taking photos of the couples. He looked over at Luke and Quinn. "You guys too" he said with a slight Italian accent. "Oh- n-noooo were not a c-couple" they both stuttered. The photographer walked over and pushed them together. "Smile" he took a photo. They both smiled nervously. "Perfect now let's do a group photo then you guys can go".

They walked to the front yard. A limo was parked in the drive way. "Oh my gosh Blair what is this?!" Jake squealed. "My dads way of saying sorry he's not here" she laughed nervously. "Anyway let's go" she smiled. They got into the limo. "Ohh it's nice in here" Carson said with a posh voice. "Okay we don't have champagne but we have punch and wine glasses!" Blake said as he poured everyone out a glass of punch. "To Valentine day!" Everyone cheered their glasses.

The limo pulled up at the school and everyone got out. The couples walked in holding hands. Quinn and Luke awkwardly walked in behind them. The gym was filled with pink and red heart decorations. The music was blaring and coloured lights were flashing. They're was tables filled with heart shaped food and pink drinks.

After a while of dancing a slow song came on. All the couples gathered in the centre of the room holding onto each other. Quinn walked over and sat down at one of the tables set up in the corner. Luke walked over and sat down on the other end. "And I thought I'd have peace sitting here" she sighed. "Whatever" he hissed. She laughed. "Why don't you go dance with one of your fan girls over there" she indicated to a group of girls. "Cause I don't want too or I would already be up there dancing" he rolled his eyes. A bright light shined on them. "Come on everyone to the dance floor" the DJ yelled over the music. "I'm not much of a dancer-" the music paused. Suddenly the crowd turned to them. "Come on" she grabbed his hand and walked to the dance floor. "What are you doing!?". "Saving us from that awkward position!" she sighed, she placed his hands on her waist and snaked her arms around his shoulders. "'Not much of a dancer' really?" She teased. "What else are you meant to say it that situation!" He whispered back. They dance along to the slow dance song. "Uhh it was so embarrassing" she cringed. "Who the fuck hired a pushy DJ?!?" She looked over at the DJ, he was smiling at them. She slowly turned her attention back to Luke who looked slightly flushed. "You okay?". "Yeah y-yeah I'm fine" he looked away. She wasn't really in the mood to question him. "Trust me I don't like this either" she rolled her eyes. That wasn't why he was flushed. He was liking it a little too much.

Eventually the song ended. She quickly unwrapped her arms and stepped back. "Well that was umm" she paused. He just walked away. 'Whys he being so rude' she thought as she walked over to her group. They all looked so happy. She couldn't really relate. Suddenly the music started to blare a pop song. Blair grabbed her hand and dragged her to the dance floor. "It's our song!" She yelled over the music. They used to listen to this song when they were kids. They would dance around the living room screaming the lyrics. Quinn giggled and began to dance. After an hour Quinn looked a little off. "Are you okay?" Blair questioned.  "Yeah I'm just tired". "I think you need to go home! I'll call the limo guy-" Blair was interrupted by Quinn. "No no I'm fine" she smiled weakly. "You don't look fine" Blair walked her over to Carson. "No guys I don't wanna ruin your day it's fine I'll just catch a ride" Quinn reassured them. "Uh I can drop you home. I'm kinda bored and don't wanna be here" Luke suggested.

They both walked out to Wyatt's car who was going to ride home in the limo with the group later. Luke started to drive. "Are you okay now?" He asked. "Yeah I'm sorry I made you leave early" she looked down at her feet. "No it's fine I didn't really wanna go to begin with" he looked at her for a split second before concentrating on the road again. "Why didn't you have a date for the dance?". "Cause I never bothered to ask anyone" he replied. "I know but I thought you would have cause there are lots of girls that would have gone with you and ya know they would have let you in their pan-" she was interrupted. "Are you calling me a hoe?" He implied. "What no I'm not I was just saying-". "Yes you were". "No I wasn't-". "Yes you were!". "Believe what you want but I was not" she turned away towards the window. He laughed. "What are you laughing?" she hissed. "Cause you are so easy to annoy". "No I'm not I-" she paused and looked at his smirk . She huffed and focused her attention to the passing scenery. "You really annoy me sometimes" she huffed. You didn't think that when I was fucking yo-". "Stop" she shouted at him. He let out a laugh. "You're so annoying". "Speak for yourself"." Whatever" she huffed.  "It's always the same with you" he rolled his eyes. "oh really how!?" She yelled. "Ohhh I have a promise! I'm not really good at keeping them! I love to torment people till I drive them crazy!" He mocked her. "Oh my gosh why are you so pressed over a promise!" She yelled. "Cause I loved you and then you rejected me! They you got drunk and slept with me! Then ignored me for weeks! But it's fine cause I've learned what your really are! A selfish bitch who has no idea what they have put others through! What pain you've cause others cause everything is about you! It's always about you!" He yelled. "I don't know how I ever loved you! You're just a fuckboy who does t give a fuck who he's fucking as long as he gets some! He keeps his emotions all bottled up and when someone asks him he goes crazy and runs away like a child! " She yelled getting out of the the car. "I hate you!" He hissed. "I hate you more" she yelled before slamming the car door shut. She walked up the house and opened the door.

Quinn's pov

"What a fucking bitch!" I screamed as I closed the house door. I threw my bag across the room and slid down against the wall. My shoulders slid against the cold wall. My eyes began to flood with tears. I lean the back of my head against the wall. I hate him. I hate him. I can't believe he said all those horrible things about me! They aren't true right? I wiped my tears and noticed mascara all over my hands. I walk over to the mirror and stare in it for a moment. My mascara ran all down my face. I began to wipe my makeup off. Suddenly I heard a loud bang. The ground shook a little as the noise pierced through my ears. I cover my ears. Was that a bomb? Another shooting? I panicked as I looked out the window. I couldn't see anything. I built up the courage to open the door. I took a step outside and looked around. I couldn't see anything. I walked out to the sidewalk. My heart stopped.....................

Authors note: sorry for any typos! hey I'm sorry I took so long I wasn't sure how I was gonna write this! I've had this idea for over a year so I wasn't sure how I was going to write it to help picture what was going on him my head but I think this is kinda close anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm so sad my book is almost done OMG like it's almost been a year since i started writing this! I am planning on changing stuff in the rewrite of my actual book!