Chapter 48

Yoke
Third person

Quinn looked over at him laying on the ground bleeding out. She ran over and grabbed him leaning against the wounded area. "Don't leave me now!" She cried. Suddenly she felt hands around her neck. "This is your fault! Your fault!" He yelled continuously. "No i-it's n-not" she chocked out as she was being strangled. Tear flooded out of her eyes. "It's you fault I'm dead! Your fault!" He kept yelling. "S-top-" she chocked out before falling to the ground unconscious.

She jolted up. She sat up and pushed the bed covers off her. She covered her face with her hands. She was shaking with fear. Tears started falling down her face and her breathing got heavy. She kept taking deep breaths but it was like the air wouldn't go in. "Are you okay!?!" Luke jumped up. She wasn't able to get any words out of her mouth. "You're okay ur okay" he said as he cupped her face with his hands. She couldn't really see him as her eyes were blurred from the tears. He looked at her and wiped the tears with him thumb. He wrapped his arms around her. They rocked back and forward for a bit like a mother calming her crying baby. She was still shaking but soon calmed down. She leaned her head on his chest. After a while she fell asleep. He leaned back so his back would be against the headboard. He didn't want to disturb her so he laid like that for the rest of the night.

She wiped her eyes and yawned. She noticed she was on his chest up didn't really care as she felt terrible. She's been having nightmares for the past couple weeks but none of them have been that bad. She sat up and went to the bathroom. She washed her face with water which made her feel a little better. She looked in the mirror. "it was just a dream" she whispered repeatedly to herself. She walked back to Luke's room to grab her things. He was sitting there awake waiting for her. "Hey are you okay?" He asked. "U-uhh yeah I'm fine. I'm sorry about last night. I was just startled" she smiled weakly. "Don't apologize, but do you wanna talk about it you seemed pretty upset?" He said as he patted the space next to him. She walked over and sat down. "It was just Josh was laying on the ground and I was trying to save him and he started choking me and saying it's my fault he died" she stuttered trying to hold back the tears. "Oh- I'm sorry" he looked at her. She shot him a small smile.

Her phone stared to ring. "Carson I told you to leave me alone okay I just need time!" She yelled down the phone. "The cops want you to go down the that station to identify the people who killed Josh" he said in a monotone voice. "Oh- I uhh will" she said back. He picked her up and went to the station. The car ride was short but awkward.

She walked in. There were cops everywhere. She didn't really know where to go. A few moments later someone came over to help her. He led her to a small room. Through the glass you could see and bunch of men against a wall. She started taking deep breaths. She was nervous. She looked at them all. Quinn had no idea it's like she's never seen any of theses men before. The cop told them all to but masks on hoping it would help. She looked again and her breath stopped. The last 3 caught her eye. She started breath heavier as the memories started coming back. She closed her eyes and took a breath. "The last 3" she confirmed. "The last 3" the cop repeated writing down something. "Which one shot him?" The cop looked at her. She looked over at the men again. She eyes started to flood and breathing stopped. It was like she had no control over her body. After a while she calmed herself down. They got her a seat and water. "When you ready" the cop smiled. "She second one" she choked out. "It's the second one" he repeated down the ratio.

Carson walked over and they headed to the car. He really wanted to make things right with Quinn but now was a bad time, so he just stayed silent. They got home and she ran to her room. His phone started to ring. "Carson! Is she okay!? Should I come over!? I think she really needs a friend right now!" She spoke. "She doesn't really wanna see any of us right now" he continued.

Quinn grabbed her jacket. She snuck downstairs and ran out the door. She arrived at the porch and rang the door bell. She was freezing, she had also been crying. He opened the door "Quinn are you okay?!" Luke said as he let her in. "I'm sorry it's just I didn't know where to go and I need a friend and I'm mad at Blair and I haven't talked to Jake since the show" she blurted out. He let her in. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her. She smiled at him. He looked at her, her nose was red as were her eyes, her hair was was pushed behind her ears. She just looked broken like it was a different person.

She told him about the station and how it was to see the man that killed Josh and shot her. She was in tears. He had to keep handing her tissues. She groaned and lay back on the bed. "I feel like such a baby" she cupped her face. "Your not a baby your just going through some shit" he smiled to try lighten the mood. Her puffy eyes looked at him. She gave him a weak smile. "Let's do something so I don't have to keep think about it" she giggled as she sat up. "I don't know Christmas is around the corner, have you bought everyone's gift?" He asked. "Yeah i did it in November to distract myself" she laughed. "Oh umm-" he was cut off by her "we could bake!" She smiled wildly. She likes to bake, not very good at it but it was fun. She grabbed his hand and dragged him down the stairs. She shot open the cupboards in search for ingredients. She grabbed some stuff and laid them on the counter. "Okay I think this is enough" she smiled. She looked at him he seemed spaced out. "Hello!?" She waved her hand in front of his face. He came back to reality. "Sorry" he muttered. He was thinking about all the times they've cooked together. It was one of their golden dating memories.

"Egg" she held out her hand. He wasnt paying attention and missed her palm. The egg fell on the ground. "Sorry!" He stared at the egg broken on the ground. "It's okay" she smiled going down to pick up the egg. She picked up the yoke "eww this feels so weird" she shook her hand, the egg went flying and landed of Luke's shirt. She cover her mouth with her hands to hide her laugh. He looked down at the yoke and smirked. "No no no no" she screamed as she ran to the other side of the kitchen. He threw the yoke at her. It hit of her and slid down her shirt. "Oh you little bit-" she was interrupted by Luke picking you the yoke and putting it in the trash. She giggled and they went to finish the cake.

"It's ready" she squealed as she ran to the oven. She grabbed the oven mitts and took out the cake. They decorated it with melted chocolate and sprinkles. "Okay let's taste it" he said as he cut the cake. "Okay ready 3.....2......1" they both ate a bit. She started to gag. He grabbed a tissue and spit it out. "Oh hell that was disgusting" he laughed. "What then fuck did we put in it?!" They looked over and notices the salt on the counter instead of the sugar. "Nooo" she burst out laughing.

Authors note: I hope u enjoyed this chapter!!! : ) xxx thank you so for 17k views xx