Chapter 38

Halloween
Third person

It was Luke and Wyatt's annual Halloween party. Quinn and Blair went out costume shopping. They decided to go as Sully and boo from Monsters inc. Jake was going to be Mike. They left the mall to finish there costumes. Quinn painted purple dots on the blue dress and Blair got this little pink dress. They finished the costumes and went out for food before they had to start getting ready. They walked to the dinner down the town, they had gotten food and left. On the way home they met up with Jake and headed back to Blair's. They blasted music while getting ready. They were ready and took a bunch of photos. They all got in Jakes car and headed to the party. They were there early to help them set up. They guys were dressed as the Men in Black. After a while people started flooding in. Quinn gulped down a bunch of shots with Blair and Jake. She met up with Josh and they went to dance. Charlie was wondering around the party trying to find Luke. "I finally found you" she smiled. She grabbed his hand and dragged him to dance. He notice Quinn and Josh dancing. He tried to keep his attention to Charlie. "You seem a little off today" Charlie yelled over the music. He just kept telling her that he was fine. He notice josh and Quinn had headed over to the drinks table. He said he was 'thirsty' and headed over. "Wow this is like the second time I've ever seen you in a suit, it suits you" Quinns drunk self giggled over her cringe joke. Luke smiled at her and laughed. She grabbed a bottle of vodka and jugged half of it down. "Slow down" Josh took the bottle off her. "Buzzkill, you don't even drink" she whispered under her breath.

Blair wondered around the party. Jake met up with that Blake guy and now there gone. She wondered around outside. She sat down at the pool. "Hey, are ya lost?" Wyatt smiled. She turned her head and looked at him. "Nah just cant find anyone" Blair smiled. "Well wanna get a drink?" Wyatt asked holding out for her hand. She grabbed it and he led the way. They got to the drinks table and he poured her out a drink. She thanked him and drank it. They both went to go dance. She saw Blake and Jake dancing. She smiled. Josh had to run to the bathroom so he asked Luke to watch Quinn. She not very good at holding her drink at all. She was stumbling all over the place. "Yo maybe you should sit down" he said. "No I wanna dance" she shouted. She grabbed his hand and dragged him to dance. She started dancing. "Come on dance!" She tried to yell over the music. She grabbed his hands and waved them in the air with hers. She smiled at him. He felt butterflies. He looked into her drunk eyes. They sparkled a little. She let go of his hands and hugged him. "Ohh uhh" he hugged her back. "Thank you being my friend again I missed you" Quinn smiled. He felt her small arms around him. It felt like his heart was glowing. "Wait where's Josh?" She asked. Luke looked down at her slightly disappointed that she mentioned his name, She looked over and saw him leaving. She let go of Luke and ran after him. Luke closed his eyes and put his head down. She was gone.

"Josh wait!" She yelled. He got in the car and started the engine. She ran over and quickly jumped in the car. "We're you just gonna leave without me!?" Quinn yelled in frustration. He didn't answer. the ride was silent the whole way back to Josh's house. They arrived at his house. He got out of the car and slammed the door. She jumped out of the car and followed him. "What's wrong with you!?" She yelled.
Josh: Quinn just stop!
Quinn: stop what!?
Josh: pretending!
Quinn: pretending what!?
Josh: that you love me!
Quinn: what? I do love you
Josh: I can clearly tell you don't Quinn!
Quinn: Josh please who said I don't love you? I do!
Josh: Quinn its him, its always gonna be him, he owns your heart!
Quinn: who!
Josh: Luke, who else!?
She looked down.
Josh: I can see the way you guys look at each other, the way he looks at you, the way yous danced together back at the party, the way you laugh at each other's jokes, the way he held you, the way you hugged him! it will never be me!
"Josh" she said with a broken voice.
"I- I do love you I really do but I try not to think about it but- my mind always comes back to him and I try to move on and it hurts me that I cant let go and it hurts me that I'm hurting you but every time I see him I get butterflies and my mood changes and I feel happy, and when he smiles at me I lose sense in my legs, which sounds really weird I know but I love him and I broke me when we broke up but I have to move on because I know that it's never gonna happen again........I'm so sorry Josh.... I should have never said it to you without meaning it. It kills me that I cant give my heart to you...." she broke down crying.
*BANG!!!!!!!*

Luke looked at her leaving. It killed him. Carson came over. "Dude I  know you're still hooked on my sister" Carson teased. "What? no!" Luke denied. "If you love her you would run after her" Carson said. "No, she with him" Luke looked down. "I have never saw her act as happy with him as she did with you, she never talked about him like she did with you, she never looked at him the way she did you, she never kissed or hugged him they way she hugged you. You've never acted completely yourself around any other girl but her. She still loves you I know it. Go get her you fucking idiot!" Carson yelled. "I can't handle rejection of anyone let alone her" Luke yelled back. "It's better then not trying at all, there's bit of hope" Carson encouraged. Luke smiled. Luke ran out of the house. He grabbed the car and drove to her house. He knocked on the door. There was no answer. 'Maybe they went to his house' he thought. He drove there and jumped out of the car. He walked up to the door. He gently knocked on it. There door wasn't locked , so he opened the door. "Hello" he called. He walked in and dropped to the floor..................................................................

Authors notes: i hope you enjoyed it! This is one of my favourite cliffhangers! What do ya think happened!??? Anyway i hope you guys liked it. By the way follow my insta + tik tok  @ from_hatred_to_love. OH YEAH I ALSO CHANGED THE NAME I HOPE YA LIKE IT!!!! PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!!!!!