Chapter 5: The Party II

En başından başla

"Yah! Jisoo! Our cab's here!" Rosie yelled from the driveway

"Rosie, you guys can head home first. I'll catch up with you later" I shouted making sure Rosie would be able to hear me.

"What? Are you sure? How are you gonna go home?" Rosie responded

"Jisoo! It's not safe to take the cab alone, we can wait for you if you want" Nayeon added

"It's fine really, you guys. I-I'll ride with Jennie" I said

"Are you sure? Do you want me to come with you?" Rosie said shooting me a worried glance

"Yeah, Rosie go home with Nayeon. Like she said, it's kinda dangerous for a girl to go home alone this late. It's fine, I'll see you later at home" I assured her.

Rosie sighed defeatedly before saying "Fine, text me if you need anything, 'kay?"

"mmhmm" I nodded and smiled at her.

"Bye Jennie, bye Lisa, it was nice meeting you again" Rosie yelled before entering the cab after Nayeon.

"Bye, let's hang out again soon!" Lisa playfully yelled

Again, I raised my brow at the girl's response.

"So... you're riding with us?" Jennie smirked.

"No, I'm driving you guys home" I said blankly

"Jisoo, it's okay, I told you, I'm fi-" but before Jennie could even finish her sentence I cut her off

"No, not taking any risks"

"Are you sure? I mean we don't wanna bother you" Jennie said looking down

"Yeah Jisoo unnie, Jennie unnie is really used to doing this" Lisa said

"I said no, I'm not letting her drive. And no, you're not bothering me. I don't have work tomorrow anyways" I assured them.

Jennie's POV

While walking towards the parking lot, Jisoo was trailing at the back since she didn't know where the car was parked. I would walk next to her but Lisa would always pull me towards her so she could tease me.

"You made that up didn't you?" Lisa said to me teasingly

"Made what up?" I said looking innocently

"That 'I'm just sleepy' kind of thing. You're not really sleepy, aren't you? You just said that because you saw her worried expression when I said you were gonna drive so you added fuel to the fire" Lisa said while looking like she just figured a code out and I just smirked as a response.

"Why you little genius! This whole thing is part of your game plan! I should've known" Lisa continued while clicking her tongue.

"Yah! You can't sabotage any of my plans. That's part of the rules" I exclaimed and Lisa held both of her hands up as if she's surrendering.

Lisa and I kind of like made this list of rules, pretty much the do's and don'ts of the bet. And Lisa not being allowed to sabotage me is in one of the rules.

I looked back and asked Jisoo if she's okay as I didn't want her to feel out of place. Lisa is now leading the way since she also know where the car was parked and I was walking side by side with Jisoo.

"Do you really enjoy clubbing?" Jisoo asked breaking the silence.

"Hmm. I guess? It's fun you know, meeting new people, and the alcohol makes you braver and more confident too which makes interacting with a stranger easier" I told her

"Oh okay.. I guess there must be something wrong with me then" she said, her face looks like a defeated child who showed her mom a failed math test. I swear to God, this girl isn't even doing anything extravagant, she's not even flirting or anything, but she's so cute.

"Why? Why would you say that? Maybe clubs or bars aren't really just your thing. It's pretty normal Jisoo. There's nothing wrong with you" I said breaking a little laugh

"No.... it's not just that" she said while looking at the sky as if she's waiting for heaven to give her answers before looking back towards Lisa's direction.

"I don't seem to be enjoying what most people are enjoying. Or I don't seem to be feeling what most people are feeling" then she stopped and looked at me

"Don't mind what I said, you must be weirded out at me by now" she said while chuckling

I remember what Rosie has told me. That Jisoo is a plant. She loves her friends and family for sure, but she never had romantic feelings for anyone. In. Her. Entire. Existence.

"But just so you know, I'm just really really weird person, but the good kind of weird as what my friends would say" Jisoo continued breaking my thoughts.

"It's okay, I like that kind of weird" I said to her while smiling

"Finally! We're here" Lisa exclaimed breaking our stares with each other.