Chapter 15 || Lagos, Secretary Ross, Peggy's Funeral & A Wedding

Start from the beginning

I run across the hoods of the cars in pursuit, "I got the two on the left."

"They ditched their gear, it's a shell game now. One of them had the payload," Steve says.

Natasha and I chase the soldiers through the crowd, "out of the way!"

I tackled one soldier as Natasha does the same, when the other soldier arrived I threw a basket at him to distract him. With my super human strength I fight them with every punch, every kick and flip that I give them. Then I end up face to face with one soldier left as Natasha does the same, we point our guns to him.

A moment passes as another soldier shows up producing the vial, "drop it, or I'll drop this. Drop it!"

"He'll do it!" The second soldier says.

Suddenly Falcon's machine fires at the soldier portraying the vial, he drops and with a moment of distraction I fire at the other soldier then catch the fallen vial. I breathe heavily as Natasha walks over to me helping me up, then Falcon's machine lowers itself to us.

"Payload secure, thanks Sam," I said catching my breath.

"Don't thank me," he says.

Nat and I look at each other as if he was serious, "I'm, I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is Redwing."

"I'm sill not thanking it."

"He's cute, go ahead, pet him."

I shook my head as Nat did the same thing, "is Sam always this cocky?"

"You know, I don't know?" Nat says smirking.

"You both know I can hear you guys right?" Sam says.

Nat and I chuckle, I run to go see Steve and witness seeing him with Rumlow, "who's your buyer?"

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky," He says to Steve looking up at him.

I stopped walking for a bit to hear what he has to say about our friend Bucky, "what did you say?"

"He remembered you, I was there. He got all weepy about it, till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something, he said to me, 'Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go.' And you're coming with me," he says activating his bomb in his vest.

Steve flinches as is armor ignites, but Wanda was here as well keeping the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony, she lifts him into the air before she loses control. The explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building, I gasped as to seeing what just happened and blocking my face with my arm.

I look to see Wanda who is scarred by it on what she just did, I let out a soft sigh knowing that she will blame herself for what she did, I walked over to her to hug her and comfort her. I looked to Steve knowing that he feels the same agony feeling that I feel for Wanda as she cries into my arms, I hug her tight comforting her.

"Oh my," Steve looks up, "Sam, we need fire and rescue, on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

Later in the day after our recent events we are in the Avengers compound, I stand next to Steve holding Tony feeding him as Katelyn is in Steve's arms sucking on her teething soft toy that she has been chewing on for her teeth. Matthew was in his play room playing with toys, both Steve and I look up to see Wanda watching the news report on the Lagos attack, and blaming her for it.

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred," the news anchor reports.