Tsukishima Kei - The Language of Flowers Pt 3

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) had been a ball of fire at that time. While Sawamura and Ennoshita dealt with most of the business end of Tsukishima's life, she made sure everyone rested and ate in her time of taking care of Tsukishima.

Even now, he was sitting down now per (Y/N)'s request. (He was always reluctant, but she had told him that if he didn't 'sit his ass in that chair' she would leave). The Karasuno members took much joy in that.

They held off going into in-depth conversations while Tsukishima was still recovering; however, they did decide earlier on that both of them wanted to continue their relationship. It was one of the first things they spoke about.

Then, once he was out of the wheelchair, he and (Y/N) spent a lot of time talking about their relationship. Some were short, like whether or not she wanted to know about what they did in full—that was a hard no on her end, except if it concerned her directly (which she didn't think would happen)—and some were much longer and still ongoing, like the one they had about safety—that one led to a huge argument.

Despite that argument, (Y/N) liked the training she was being put through. She felt stronger and more sure of herself. In a way, she was thankful for the training, but she was definitely not letting Tsukishima know that; though, a part of her felt like Tsukishima already knew that, the way he did with most things.

(Y/N) also knew that she was getting pretty good at it regardless of Tsukishima's grunts and hums of disapproval. Every now and then, when she caught a glimpse of him, there would be a faint smile playing on his lips—the one where if you were to blink, you'd miss it.

"This seems like a cruel and unusual punishment," Hinata mumbled, but slipped on the punching mitts and fell into a back stance, bracing himself.

(Y/N) ran through the routine one more time. Hinata was a lot stronger than he looked, small but packed a powerful punch and deflected her hits with ease.

"Good," Tsukishima announced, standing up and stepping onto the mat.

(Y/N) made a face. She would have believed his claims more if she didn't notice the little limp in his step and the flinch in his face when he stood up.

(Y/N) pushed her feelings aside and looked around. She saw hints of pride on the other Karasuno members faces. She had grown close and comfortable to the group within the few months, learning their names slowly and small personal things about them. They were the ones who dropped her off and picked her up at her flower shop; and the ones who were stationed outside of said flower shop, which was an entire other argument between (Y/N) and Tsukishima.

At first, she was angry at him for assuming that she needed any form of protection. She had lived by herself for a while now and nothing bad happened. (Y/N) didn't know why Tsukishima heavily insisted upon it and every time she would ask, he would give half-answers. Ones that were true, but never gave the full information.

But she also saw how much it relaxed Tsukishima once she—begrudgingly—agreed to both the training and the Karasuno members were trailing her. It was like a weight she couldn't see was lifted off his shoulders. This was something that I could sacrifice, (Y/N) thought, this was something that I could control that kept everyone a little safer.

That also led to the Karasuno members spending a lot of time in her shop, cleaning up and organizing the flowers while they were there. Most of the time, they asked her for things to do like they weren't used to sitting still. (Y/N) didn't mind having them around. Maybe she should ask them to help repaint the shop.

Everyone around her had come to love flowers, and she had come to love everyone around her.

Tsukishima was by her side in a moment. He looked at her fondly and reached up to tuck some loose hair behind her ear. He was hesitant to show affections like this in front of Karasuno, but as their relationship grew, he seemed to let his guard down and do it almost automatically. "You did well, (Y/N)."