"I'll do what I can Charlotte, I promise that he is in good hands" he said with a smile, his hand drifting from mine as the stewardess made her way through to prepare the flight for takeoff.

I flashed him a quick smile before he turned his attention back towards Austy, the both of them talking as I took advantage of the opportunity to get lost in my own thoughts for just a moment, the reality of everything that was happening finally setting into me as I looked out the window, the only place that I have ever called home becoming a blur as I started to speed off into my future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We landed in LAX at 11pm, the time change really taking a toll on me as I groggily opened my eyes stretching my arms over my head as I let out an exaggerated yawn. Austy traveled well, he and Austin watching Tarzan the whole trip, my last image of them cuddled together with Austy's feet resting on the seat and Austin's arms wrapped around him. He handled this flight much better than he handled flying too and from Texas.

I stood up, grabbing our carry-ons from over our heads since Austin was holding a sleeping Austy in his arms. As far as his little toddler body knew it was 2am and he was well into dreamland at that point back at home. We quickly got off of the plane with the rest of the passengers in first class, Austin walking next to me as he guided me through the airport to a rather tall man standing by the exit.

"Hey Posty, who do we have here?" he asked as we started following him out the sliding doors towards a black Cadillac Escalade that was waiting for us at the curb amongst a throng of others.

"Steve this is my girlfriend Charlotte and our son Austy" he said with a smile, his right hand coming to grab onto my left for the remaining short distance to the car.

"Well it is nice to finally meet you Charlotte. Post has been telling us so much about you" he said grabbing the handle of the door as he opened it for us.

"He has has he? I hope it has been all good things" I said as I looked over my shoulder to see Austin's face flushing red just slightly as I climbed across the cool leather seats of the Escalade.

"I promise you baby girl it has been nothing but amazing things" he said to me quietly as he slid in next to me, his lips pressing a warm soft kiss on my cheek as Steve closed the door behind him, Austy still clutched in his arms.

"I'm assuming we are just heading to Tarzana?" Steve asked as he pulled the Escalade from the curve and merged with the heavy airport traffic of LAX.

"Please" Austin said as I snuggled into his side, my head resting on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me, a soft kissed placed on the crown of my head before I felt the slight pressure of his resting on top of mine.

"You nervous?" he asked me, his hand moving slowly up and down my arm as I let out a small chuckle.

"Now that I'm here? Kinda" I said with a chuckle. "It's just so busy" I said a laugh slipping off of his lips as he gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"I can't lie to you and say that you will get used to it because I've been here for almost five years and I am still not used to it. But I guess what I am trying to say is that you will eventually tolerate it" his words only slightly reassuring me.

No matter what I knew that I was never going to love living in LA. I never had a desire to go there it always seemed so superficial to me, so overrated. But I did know that being here with Austin was going to make it better, it was going to me it tolerable and it was going to make it all worth it. As long as I was with him I knew that I would be able to handle it.