Thirteenth step: Dream

John. There are three things that you have to remember everytime you wake up.

First. Use your head to think. If that doesn't work, use your intuition. If that doesn't work too, then use your heart.

Second. Never give yourself into temptation. A man should not die due to greed. The depths of underworld shall await you.

Third. Always save yourself. If you want to save someone, be sure to save two lives. That certain someone, and yourself.

Now go. You are ready to embark.

We will wait for you to come back here, our home.

...

I guess I have something to do now. Something like taking care of the farm for you then.

Take care John. We all shall await for your safe return.

Your sister —shall...

...

Hey John. —here. I know you don't like parting messages like this, but this is the only way I can at least say goodbye to you.

I'm currently chasing your sister —, so don't forget to come back here, or you'll see her married!

Damn sis-con, if I don't see you come back to our ceremony, I'll chase you at the ends of the earth!

...

John, John, John, John!

I'm sorry about that. The other girls are really worried about you, so they came out all their own.

I'll let you hear what they want to say. We're all the — of your life anyways. What do you think?

Haha, don't worry. I'm still going to be your house — the moment you come home okay? So...

—...—...—... John. We'll miss you.

Remember to eat okay? You battle maniac.

...

Oh hey John. How are you going to travel if you don't have a vehicle!?

Here, I'll sell you this expensive boat for only three—, isn't that a catch!?

Whoops. Bad habits stay longer than I thought.

Here, I'll give you a lucky charm. It will protect your mind from the — of that — girl of yours. There's a side effect though. It'll make you easier to be —... — anyways.

See you again friend. Find me a girl on the other side okay?

...

— — — goodbye.

The familiar gray ceiling greeted John's eyes, yet again.

This is the first time I have dreamt for a long time, and it never have occurred to me that it would be this bizarre.

How many details have I forgotten already?

Besides the vague three things that person told me, everything is in a swamp that I can't even see.

The more John wanted to sink into those memories, the more his vision clouded.

So he stopped searching for those memories, and concentrated in the clear ones.