40 - Chapter Forty - Zev Martin's Point Of View.

Here I was staring at a shiny ring that looked absolutely perfect on Emerson's finger. Maddox had really done such a nice job choosing a ring, though knowing him it was probably handcrafted and one of a kind for just Emerson. Emerson was practically glowing with excitement and joy.

"So when is the wedding?"

"Oh, no time soon, We are waiting for Ares to be large enough to walk on his own. Maddox and I want him to be a large part of the wedding."

"I mean that makes a lot of sense."

"I thought so. It still kills me how great of a dad he is."

"Yes, He makes a really great father. I can honestly say he blows me away with how great he is."

"So, What about you and Jackson's new family additions?"

"We have a pending court date, We got a really good lawyer. My parents are no doubt going to be there as well. I have no doubts they will also try to get rights."

"Yeah. I can't imagine how stressful that has to be."

"The courts will do right by my nieces, and if not, as Jackson said money talks."

"Now your talking like a true mafia man Zev."

"Learned from some of the best after all."

Emerson only laughed at my comment. Rosie came running from her bedroom where she had been sleeping still. She had the day off from school because of a P.A day. She saw Emerson and smiled largely.

"Uncle Emerson! You came to visit!"

"Yes, I did of course Rosie, I missed the best princess."

She saw the ring on his finger and her smile widened. Rosie had watched enough shows to know that meant he was getting married. It wasn't more than just a few seconds later that the door to the wing was thrown open scaring us all. Jackson was in a pretty foul mood, Cade followed behind him.

Jackson neared the table and I could see the blood soaking his dark suit.

"Take Rosie to her room."

Emerson went and collected both Rosie and Ares from the living room and went to Rosie's room before she got a look at her father.

"Where's Rosie?"

"In her bedroom with Emerson and Ares. Please tell me that's not your blood."

He looked down his face turning sour.

"No, Not all of it. It's Alexi and Creeds."

"What happened, Are they okay?"

"We were making a weapons deal and it went fucking south really quick. They shot Alexi in the shoulder and Creed dove to pull him behind cover and they got him in the stomach."

"And? Do they need help with wounds? Or anything I can help."

"Alexi won't let anyone help him."

It took a minute for Jackson's words to settle into my brain.

"Why the hell not?"

"He won't leave Creed."

I sucked in a deep breath before, I asked about Creed.

"How is Creed?"

"He's----"

Maddox walked in. Looking right at me, He was also coated in a layer of blood.

"Creed is stable. Zev, I need you to deal with Alexi."

"I can try."

I turned and walked to the bedroom snagging my glasses off the nightstand and putting them on my face. Chances were, I was about the also stitch up Alexi.