Leaving the Past to the Grave

"Wake up, both of you." Chris' voice boomed through my head the next morning.

I held my head from it being in pain as I could hear Ricky groaning beside me.

"Please talk quieter." I pleaded quietly as I pulled the pillow over my head. I could feel the light burning through my eyes that was coming through the window.

"No." Chris said sternly in the same tone. "You're not even suppose to be here right now, Abby. The groom isn't suppose to see the bride on the wedding day until the actual wedding."

Oh my god.

I was getting married today.

And I was still not happy.

"Now get up and go shower, Balz is waking up Piper and Brielle and then I'm taking you to your parents to get ready." Chris said while reaching over Ricky and pulling the blankets off of me. My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly in surprise, instantly causing my head to be ten times worse.

"Chris, shut up. I'm sleeping and I'm hungover." Ricky groaned some more.

Chris rolled his eyes and then extended his hand towards me.

I sighed while taking his hand as he helped me hop over Ricky and then led me out of the room.

"There's our princess!" Ange gushed as I came into view. All off the guys were still here. Ryan was just passed out on the floor, due to him being drunk as well.

"Don't you guys need to pack for tour or some shit?" I asked while Chris guided me towards the kitchen to get medicine for my head.

"Packed last week!" Ange laughed.

That's when I realized, Ricky and I didn't pack either. The bus comes at 4 in the morning tomorrow and the wedding will probably go until like midnight.

Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.

I pushed that thought from my head as Chris handed me two pills and some water which I gratefully took.

"Okay, shower and then you're out of here!" Chris said while pointing towards the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes and dragged my feet across the floor towards the bathroom.

~~~

"Abby, you've been in there for a half an hour! I heard the shower shut off twenty minutes ago!" Chris said as he banged on the bathroom door.

I sniffled and wiped the tears falling from my eyes, trying not to be loud so no one could hear me. I was sitting on the floor, against the wall of the bathroom.

"Are you dressed?" Chris asked after a moment.

"No, I just have a towel." I said with a shaky voice, securing the towel that was wrapped around me.

I heard him sigh. "Better make sure it's on in three, two, one." He counted down until he picked the lock open.

The door opened and Chris stepped inside, looking down at me. He closed the door behind him and kneeled in front of me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked calmly.

"I'm not. It's water dripping from my hair." I said while wiping the small wet drops off of my cheeks again.

Chris gave a small smile. "That's why it's coming from the corners of your eyes, yeah?" I looked down. "Now, why are you crying?' He asked again.

"I don't want to get married to Ricky. This was never suppose to happen to me. I miss my old life." I sobbed quietly while shaking my head.