All You Are is Pain

"Get up and get ready." I heard Ricky sternly say to me as he threw something at my sleeping body.

I opened my eyes and yawned while sitting up, finding that he threw a pillow at me. I looked over at the time. 7:30 am.

"Why am I waking up so early?" I groaned.

"We have wedding shit to do with my mom and some other people today. We're meeting her at 8." He said to me. "So get up."

I groaned again and then went over to the dresser to grab myself some black leggings and white blouse type shirt.

I then walked past Ricky who was putting on a sweater and made my way to the bathroom to shower really quickly.

When I say really quickly, I mean really quickly. All I did was wash my hair. I didn't even condition it!

I got out of the shower and dried off with a towel while getting my toothbrush ready to brush my teeth.

I was multitasking while I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I looked at the small clock that was in the bathroom and it ready 7:37. I could make it on time.

I got out the hair dryer that was underneath the sink and quickly blow dried my super thin and now black hair.

To be honest, I loved my new hair. I don't know why Ricky got so mad about it.

I brushed that thought away as I got out my makeup and applied a thin line of eyeliner on the top lids of my eye and then coated my lashes in mascara.

I did a once over myself before gathering my laundry and exiting the bathroom.

I made my way back to the bedroom and walked in to find Ricky ready to leave and sitting on the bed.

I threw my laundry in the hamper and then turned to him.

"I'm ready to go." I told him.

He stood up and grabbed his keys on the side table without saying anything, walking out of the room.

I followed him to the front door and I put on my winter boots along with my coat, preparing for the freezing weather.

He opened the door letting the cold Pennsylvania air come into the house, allowing us to step outside.

The first thing Ricky did was light a cigarette, with it's smoke blowing directly in my face. I coughed from the cloud of smoke that filled my lungs and narrowed my eyes at Ricky when he looked over.

He just shrugged his shoulders while taking another puff on the smoke and then heading towards his car.

I followed a few feet behind him and got to the passenger side of the car. I heard the little click of the door, signaling that it was unlocked, and then opened the door to get in.

Ricky's car smelled of old cigarettes and cologne. It didn't bother me in the moment, however once Ricky got into the car still with his lit cigarette, I started coughing again.

"Where's the ring?" I heard Ricky ask.

I turned to look at him, confused. We haven't even left the parking lot yet. "What do you mean?"

"Your engagement ring." He said completely unamused while gesturing to my finger. I looked down to find that it was indeed not sitting on my finger like it was suppose to be.

"I left it on the bathroom counter before showering." I said while still looking down to my finger.

I heard him sigh loudly. "Go get it."

"What?"

"Go get your ring. We're going to be late now anyways, so just go get the damn ring." He raised his voice slightly.