3.20 where there's a ring

fp: 5/2/21

i just finished watching iron man 2 and i don't know what that says about me but happy may everyone enjoy this chapter

Camila wakes up late the next morning still at Dinah's and a sticky note on her phone.

Lots of messages from someone. You should probably check them. Call me tonight or something and don't trash my house
(also please lock up there's a spare under the doormat I know, original)

Camila sighs, opening her phone and seeing that there's five missed calls from Lauren, two voicemails, and a slew of texts.

lern jerky 💕
Image Attached

lern jerky 💕
UM??

lern jerky 💕
I can explain why I'm home right now later but WHY IS THERE A RING IN THE KITCHEN

lern jerky 💕
And WHERE ARE YOU

lern jerky 💕
Did you get kidnapped

lern jerky 💕
You're gonna need to get unkidnapped and eXPLAIN

lern jerky 💕
Camz

lern jerky 💕
Please don't actually be kidnapped

lern jerky 💕
You'll like trip over something and die and I need answers

Camila rolls her eyes at the messages, stifling a laugh at Lauren's lack of faith in her potential kidnapping.

Camz ❤️
i'm at dinah's

Camz ❤️
will be home soon ily baby

She's surprised when a message comes back a minute later being that the texts were sent at three and four in the morning and it's barely ten thirty.

lern jerky 💕
Way to dodge the question

lern jerky 💕
And I love you too

Camila smiles, getting out of bed and grabbing her jeans off the dresser. She changes out of the way-too-big PJ pants that Dinah gave her last night before collecting her things and realizing that she needs a ride home.

In any normal circumstance, she would call Lauren and ask to be picked up, but being that she needs an excuse for the ring on the table and has only been up for thirty minutes, she'll take any time she can get.

She gets an Uber and decides to wait outside, locking the door behind her and hoping she doesn't look too out of place.

The Uber shows eventually and she gets in, heading home and not sure if she's nervous or excited or a deadly combination of both.

She arrives at the house and gets out, cringing at the dogs barking in the backyard.

Quickly, Camila walks up to the house and goes in, happy that it's not a mess. She understands what Lauren's going through (or, she's trying to understand and help), but she's truly never experienced a mess like the apartment.

She's not sure as to where Lauren is, so she decides to go upstairs and change before looking for her.

After changing into a clean shirt and leggings (why bother in anything nicer? She's not going anywhere), Camila heads back downstairs just in time to see Lauren coming in.

"Hey," Camila says, a smile crossing her face when she sees the dogs following Lauren, Thunder coming to her and sniffing her over, "Hello, Thunder."

She scratches behind his ears and his tongue lolls out, smiling happily. She looks up at Lauren, who's wringing her hands nervously, "Hey."

"Hey," Camila stops scratching Thunder and hugs Lauren, "You could've told me that you were flying in, I would've picked you up."