EPILOGUE

Rosalie's POV

Grief comes in waves, little ones, at first, they are so strong you feel so swept away. They come at such random moments, replacing a feeling of normalcy with those familiar tears. I just wish I had a way to stop these tears. I wished I had a way to get my best friend back

Nothing felt normal anymore. The kingdom lost their princess, King Vadon and Queen Amara lost their daughter, Ilariah lost someone important in her life, I lost my best friend, my sister, my other half....The princes lost a friend, their chance at having something special with the princess. We all lost something.

It was just yesterday when she and I were bickering about what gown to wear and how her wedding will look like. Why did she have to leave?

I have never felt this lonely in my life, even when there are so many people around, even when I have Tyler standing next to me, giving me all the support he can, I am still feeling alone.

"Ty, why did she have to leave? Why would someone kill her? Elide hasn't done anything wrong-" I stop when I say the last sentence.

Elide has done something wrong, but it was a mistake and she had gone through enough to pay for it.

My eyes just wandered through all the people gathered here at the funeral. Everyone had worn black clothes, tears were welling down everyone's eyes. No one looked stable. Everyone was broken.

Queen Amara was sitting on the floor with her face in her hands, King Vadon was trying to support her, trying to make her tears slow down, but even he wasn't able to do much. He himself wasn't able to believe that his daughter had died. The guilt was all seen on his face. King Vadon was going to miss his daughter...

Broken hearted is not a destination, yet a difficult road that often appears at the feet, that must be walked in order to get to a better future. No words could describe Prince Aaron's condition. His hair was completely dishevelled and his face was red, covered in tears. He had become a shadow. He didn't talk to anyone, he stood in a corner, completely alone. Prince Aaron really loved Elide and yet Elide wanted to marry Prince Oren. That traitor!

My eyes meet Prince Oren's. His eyes had a sad look in them, full of pain. He also looked slightly exhausted. How can someone be so good at acting?

I ignore the anger rising inside me and look away from him. My eyes were set on my father. He was one of the head guards here. He had the letter Elide had written. He was walking towards King Vadon. I really wished I could tear that paper, but that is impossible because Elide would be really mad at me.

King Vadon had opened the letter, I could feel sweat dripping down my hands. I close my eyes, not ready to see King Vadon's reaction. Why did Elide have to do this? She didn't have to write a letter to her father explaining her mistake.

"KING VADON, ARE YOU FINE? Wake up King Vadon! Guards help the king inside while I call for the doctor." A sudden commotion started, everyone was panicking. People were moving here and there trying to make way for the king to head back to the palace. Tears were rolling down Queen Amara's. I wanted to support her, but I cannot do that when I myself am not able to believe that Elide is actually gone.

The letter was long forgotten, it was lying on the ground covered in brown dust and green grass. The funeral ground was already empty, we had already buried Elide and we were all just trying to hold ourselves together.

I walk towards the letter and open it with shaky hands, hoping that Elide hadn't confessed her mistakes in it.

Dear Father,