13

"What do we do now!? None of their handwriting nor the wordings of the poems match...!" I whisper- shout, throwing my hands up in the air. Rosalie hmms distractedly.

I turned to look at her sitting there, sunlight falling on her red hair, reading a poem, biting her lip. She was definitely holding in a laugh.

"Rose! You're supposed to be comparing, not reading!" I lightly punched her arm.

"But El, I seriously think Prince Nathan is in love with you," she said, her voice full of humour. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Show me that!" I snatched the paper from her hand.

As my eyes glued onto the paper, Rosalie burst into fits of laughter.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Please act like this poem is really romantic,

Because I have no clue!

I shook my head, chuckling, while Rosalie still laughed like a hyena beside me.

"He....came up with..... that in 20... minutes!" Rose got out between fits of laughter.

I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly. "Okay, okay whatever," I said, although I found it very funny for some reason.

Rosalie continues to read through the poems, while I try to match the handwriting again. "El, can you come here for a second." "Rose, if it is some way of yours to make me read another one of those poems then this is not the time," I say a bit angrily.

"No, this is something serious." Her voice didn't sound playful at all.

"What happened Rosalie?" She doesn't say anything and instead just hands me the paper.

I raise my right eye at her in a way to ask if everything was fine and she just shrugs her shoulders.

What is wrong?

I read the paper that she gave me and I almost felt like my whole world was spinning.

My Oh My, princess,

Who said finding me out will be a child's play?

People say one learns from their mistakes,

But you are only finding ways to create a huge mess.

You really think, involving your friend in this will be a good thing?

Especially when she holds secrets which can have an effect on the Choosing....

Venomously, yours

"What does this mean?" I ask Rosalie, as anger flashed in my eyes. I thought Rosalie and I were really close. "TELL ME ROSALIE, WHAT IS THIS NOTE TALKING ABOUT?" Anger was flowing through me like lava.

"Nothing. You better not start believing these notes, El" Rosalie answers me casually, as if it was not a big deal. It was the wrong thing to do, but I couldn't control myself. I walked towards Rosalie, my breath fastening and my facial muscles becoming rigid as I stomped towards her.

"Don't you dare try to lie to me! I saw what happened between Tyler and you. You and Tyler have some past right? This is what the note is talking about, isn't it?"

I was furious, I know I shouldn't react this way, but I had lost it. These constant notes were messing with my mind. Will it do any good if I hand myself in, at this instant? But how will I prove myself guilty? It is pretty obvious no one will believe what I say, they will just think that I am biased because of Ilariah.