xxi. Cotton Candy

It had been a stressful year for Mina. She had busied herself with work as soon as her flight had landed back in Japan. Her family started to worry about her and her health but Mina would just insist that she was fine and so they didn't bother her any further.

Momo knew better than that when she had gone back to Japan to visit her family a few months since Mina left them. She visited the girl and they had a small conversation. Mina had apologized to her best friend and took back everything she said. Momo was quick to accept her best friend's apology and welcomed her back into her life.

The two bid their goodbyes after a few days since Momo had to return back to South Korea.

A few more months had passed before Momo contacted Mina again and told her to come back to South Korea for a surprise.

Her heart started to beat fast and her palms became sweaty as she got out of the plane and finally stepped foot in South Korea. Momo didn't mention what the surprise was about and only told her to come home as soon as she could within the next week. Mina then made reservations for the first flight to South Korea the next day so here she was now.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was now back at South Korea. She let out a small chuckle as she remembered the last time she was here. She couldn't believe that she had let herself get conned twice.

Am I going to get conned the third time? Mina thought to herself as she dragged her trolley along with her to the entrance of the airport. "You know what they say, third times the charm" She muttered to herself as she came to a halt at the entrance.

"Mitang, over here!"

Her eyes followed to where she heard the noise and saw her bestfriend sticking her head out of the front seat's window. Mina took off her sunglasses and grinned. She grabbed her trolley's handle and made her way to where the parked car was. Momo got outside to assist Mina in putting her luggage into the trunk.

The two went inside the car once the luggage was already secured.

"Oh? Dahyun-chan, I never knew you could drive" Mina teased when she got inside the back seat.

Dahyun, who had been sitting behind the steering wheel, grinned at Mina. "Yeah, I had to learn how to drive now that Mo-"

Momo quickly hushed her friend by putting a hand over her mouth.

Mina quirked an eyebrow at Momo but the older woman just shook her hands dismissively. "She's just learning how to drive so she could pick up Chaeyoung from work"

Mina's eyes widened at what Momo had said while Dahyun had just groaned. Her cheeks were now kissed pink. She had rolled her eyes and slapped Momo's shoulder. "H-hey, you weren't supposed to say that" Dahyun mumbled.

Momo and Mina teased the poor girl to which she'd just roll her eyes and continue driving. They were now heading to Jeongyeon and Momo's apartment where Momo would unveil her surprise.

Mina's heart beat had started becoming erratic the more and more they had gotten closer to the residence. Her palms became sticky and suddenly the atmosphere around her became hot.

"We're here!" Dahyun cheerily said.

Mina smiled but deep inside, she just wanted to get out of the car and run the other way as fast as she could. She wasn't ready for whatever surprised Momo had in mind and she was definitely not ready if that surprise were a person--a certain person that had been plaguing her mind nonstop the past year as much as she buried herself in her work.

"Hey Mitang" Momo snapped her fingers in front of Mina who was still sitting at the back seat, dazed.

"O-oh?" Mina responded once she finally snapped out of her trance.