xvii. Smile

Mina's eyes followed the speeding car that left the studio. She sighed. Nayeon had left the studio so it was just them now but why was the tension still so thick? Why was the atmosphere between them still so weird?

She softly pushed the cabinet doors open so she, Sana, and Momo could get out. Momo immediately rushed to where her girlfriend was and hugged her. Sana and Mina followed her and was greeted with the scene of Momo repeatedly smacking Jeongyeon's shoulder as the older woman held her arms up defensively.

"Yah! Did you flirt back? You're glad the cabinet window was too small for me to see" Momo said between her smacks.

"A-aniyo! Baby, I didn't" Jeongyeon replied as she kept her arms up.

Momo's smacks weakened upon hearing that. She blushed at her girlfriend calling her an endearment.

The five of them talked about what had just happened and decided to talk about the plan when they get home so Chaeyoung could also be briefed.

Mina and Sana got into the sports car that was displayed while Jeongyeon, Momo, and Dahyun got into the other car.

Sana was amazed at the interior design of the car. "Is this really yours?"

"Mhm" Mina replied as she revved up the car.

"How much did you buy this for?" Sana was touching the dashboard in front of her, amazed at how Mina had actually covered the entire interior with leather, even the dashboard.

"Around 2.4 million"

"Won?" Sana shifted in her seat to face Mina.

Mina didn't reply as she kept her eyes on the world. Her lips were threatening to curl up into a smile, amused at the conversation they were having.

"D-dollars?" She smacked Mina's shoulder. "2.4 million dollars?!" Sana sighed as she slumped back onto her seat. "That's like a years worth of conning for me if I'm lucky" Sana muttered to herself.

Mina took the long way home, occasionally speeding up the car as per Sana's request. She just took in the scene that was happening around her. Sana had slid down her window to feel the breeze hit her face as the car drove down the almost vacant road at a high speed.

She wanted to stay like this as much as she could because she knew that the moment they get to Mina's Villa and step a foot on the ground, they had to face the reality. The reality that this--this plan of theirs had to end tomorrow whether they want to or not and it was scary. It would be scary, nerve wracking, and she knew that tonight would most likely be a sleepless night filled with tossing and turning since she was like that. Whenever it would be the night before a big day, Mina would often find herself tired the next day since she couldn't sleep, not with all the tension.

But she just shook that thought away. For now, she just enjoyed driving down the long way home. She absolutely loved driving late at night because that's when you can let yourself loose and drive as fast or as slow as you can, it's all up to you because the night is your. It definitely was for Mina and Sana.

She chuckled loudly as she watch Sana stick her head out and yell something. Mina absolutely loved every bit of the moment that was happening right now and to be frank, if she could stop time right now she would. How can she not when looking around her she saw Sana having the time of her life, the street being absolutely empty--save for some cars just trying to get home after a long night shift, and how it was a full moon so it was bright out. She took a quick glance at Sana who had sat back pn her seat but had kept her head a bit tilted to her right. Definetly not as bright as Sana's smile though.

Eventually, even after taking the long route home, they had arrived at Mina's Villa. The two had become silent as they went inside the garage. Mina parked the car and pulled the key out of the ignition. She also didn't know what to say despite wanting to break the silence so bad. The situation they were in right now was bad as is, she didn't want to make it worse by saying the wrong things.