xix. Again

"Ciao" Mina grinned. She turned around and started walking back to the building.

She couldn't begin to explain the amount of satisfaction she felt right now knowing that she had finally out-witted and seen Nayeon's fall. As much as she hated to admit it but Nayeon had been plaguing her mind  since that unfaithful day that she was conned for the first time. But she could be at ease now that she had finally seen and made Nayeon have a taste of her own medicine.

The grin never left her mouth as she made her way to the room where Dahyun and Jeongyeon were. The two cousins were busy counting the actual money that they had conned out of Nayeon.

"Mina-unnie, me and Jeongyeon-unnie counted it it's--why are you smiling?"

Mina sat down in front of the two. "What?"

Jeongyeon looked up from the bills she was recounting. "Yeah Mina. You're awfully cheerful today"

Before Mina could even rebuttal and tell them that it was because of she had finally made Nayeon miserable, Dahyun smirked. An idea popped into Dahyun's mind. "Oh? Is it because you have to go out with Sana-unnie later?" Dahyun wiggled her eyebrows.

Mina instantly blushed at the mention of Sana. Dahyun held her fist in the air and pumped it, saying a small "yes" at how her idea of grilling Mina about Sana would make the older woman blush.

Jeongyeon laughed when she caught on. "I see. Have fun later" She told her close friend before going back to recounting bills.

Mina playfully rolled her eyes at the two and folded her arms across her chest as she leaned back in her chair. "As if" She tried her best to look uninterested in what Dahyun had just mentioned but it was hard when everytime she would think about the date, her lips would curl into a smile. She gave in and just decided to help her two friends in recounting so they could go home.

After a few minutes, they had finally finished recounting but there was no sign of Sana.

Huh, that's weird. Mina thought to herself. She was confused since Sana looked so excited to finish the plan and she could only hope it was because the older woman was also excited to go out with her but Mina could only hope. "Maybe she's outside?" Mina muttered to herself as the three of them got out and made their way to the front. Mina's car wasn't also there but she just shrugged it off. Maybe Sana had already gone home. The three didn't make much of a deal of this and gone home to Mina's Villa in a taxi, all the while clutching onto the duffel bag filled with at least 1 million won.

Once they arrived, they celebrated and ate lunch. An hour passed and there were still no sign of Sana and Mina's car. Mina started getting worried but she shook it off. She knew Sana was going to come back from wherever she had decided to venture to.

Jeongyeon had insisted that Mina leave the cleaning to them and to go get dressed and prepared since she still had a date. Mina, eager to go on the date, finally gave in to Jeongyeon and went up to the master bedroom.

She was relieved to still see Sana's night clothes folded on the edge of her bed. It meant that the older woman hadn't gone back home to pack and leave yet and Mina didn't plan her to. She smiled. Not until she and Sana would go out on their date.

She hopped in the shower and took a bath to refresh herself. It was the longest one she took in the past few weeks. She could finally rest now that the plan was done and a complete success. She got out and wrapped a towel around her body. She then happily made her way to her cabinet, grinning at the thought of going out with Sana.

If you asked Mina a month ago about how she'd feel about going out with Sana, she would've been disgusted especially at the thought of her being a con artist, the one profession that absolutely irked Mina. But ask her how she feels now and she'd tell you honestly about how she gets butterflies in her stomach at the thought of seeing the older woman. The way she'd smile at Mina, the way she'd hold her, and the way she looked at her that night they spent together under the moonlight at the secret lake.

"Sana, what have you done to me" Mina muttered to herself. Not that she was complaining though. She's changed too but she is happy she did and it was all thanks to a certain orange-haired woman.

Mina got her phone and her car keys before heading down to the garage, bidding good bye to her friends on the way. She placed the key in the ignition and twisted it.

It didn't take her long to arrive at the restaurant she and Sana had agreed on. She got out and made her way to the reception. The receptionist greeted her and guided her to their reserved seats. Mina scanned the menu as she waited for Sana, her mind occassionally going back to that night where she had asked Sana about where she wanted to go out.

"Hmm, I like sushi but I don't want to go to a sushi bar. But then again, since you insist on paying, we could instead go to an expensive restaurant but then again I don't want to milk you of your cash"

Mina looked at Sana, amused at how the orange-haired woman was having a debacle with herself. It was simple really. Mina had just asked her a question about where they should have their date and it also started off simple. Sana had immediately answered a restaurant near her building where she always wanted to go to but she never had the time but then when Mina had asked her "are you sure?". Sana had second thoughts then started bringing up different restaurants but would just shrug them because she'd come up with a reason why she wouldn't  want to go there.

Sana finally gave up and just mentioned a restaurant by the central. When Mina had asked why, Sana simply winked and said "You'll know when we go out."

Mina chuckled remembering that night. She looked up and from where she was sitting, she could clearly see the outside since the restaurant had huge glass windows by the front.

"Oh, this is near the college Dahyun goes to" Mina noticed that it was by the street Dahyun had mentioned to her one night when they talked about how Dahyun's college life was.

She ordered their meals since an hour had passed and she didn't want Sana to be hungry when she came here.

She waited but it had already been two hours. Her phone rang incessantly but she didn't mind it since she was worried for Sana. She was worried on why she still hadn't arrived.

"One more hour" She told herself. She was going to wait one more hour. After all, the restaurant was going to close in an hour. But to her dismay, one hour had passed and there was still no Sana.

The waitress had urged her to go home to which Mina did. She had the meals put in take-out boxes before going out.

Tears slowly streamed down her face. She couldn't believe it. She thought that if it happened to her once, she wouldn't allow it again to happen. But of course, love had blinded her and she was conned. again.

--

2 more chapters