i. The Beginning

Mina made her way through the busy streets of Seoul. It had been a while since she came here. The last time she came here, she was conned.

It was very unlikely for someone as sophisticated, elegant, and careful as Myoui Mina to be conned. It was just simply something as little as 500k but it made Mina's blood boil whenever she thought about it.

Mina pushed her sunglasses back and clutched onto her bag as she entered the cafe.

She made her way to a booth and sat down.

She was too blinded by love at that time to think that she would be conned by her own lover. She clenched her fists as the thought of her lover's smile appeared in her thoughts.

A smile crept onto her lover's mouth. Tears fell down Mina's cheeks. She couldn't believe what just happened.

"Tsk" Her lover clicked her tongue. "You trust too much, Myoui"

A loud thunder crackled above them. Rain drops started to drop.

Her lover left the passbook on the desk and made her way out. Mina quickly followed her but she was already at her car.

Her lover turned around. "Never trust a con artist" She winked at Mina before getting in her car and driving away from Mina's residential.

Mina desperately called out for her as she followed the car. Eventually her feet gave up and she tripped. Her lover had left her in the rain, conned and broken hearted.

She sipped on the coffee that was brought by the waitress.

"Do you want to order, Ma'am?" The waitress had her small notebook out, ready to list down orders.

"I'll wait for my friend" Mina replied.

The waitress nodded and left.

Mina took off her sunglasses and placed it in her bag.

She didn't mind the 500k since she wasn't struggling with money. It was the fact that her lover had only dated her to use her was what made her blood truly boil.

But she was here at Seoul for a completely different reason. She came here to meet and catch up with her friend since it had been a year.

Her train of thoughts were disrupted when she heard someone sitting in the seat in front of her.

"Hey, that seat is reserved" Her voice slowly trailed off as she saw who was sitting in front of her.

"Mina!" "Momo!" They both exclaimed. Momo got out of seat and sat next to Mina to hug her.

"God I miss you so much" Momo said into the hug.

"I miss you too" Mina smiled.

Once they both pulled back from the hug, Momo went back to her seat.

"So how have you been?" Momo enthusiastically asked. It had been almost a year since they last saw each other ever since Mina moved back to Japan, leaving her bestfriend and ex lover in Korea.

"I've been doing fine. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and dogs"

"How about your company?"

"It's been doing well lately, the income had increased a lot since then." Mina smiled meekly. Momo knew what she meant by 'since then'.

"Anyways, enough about me. What about you and Jeongyeon?" Mina asked. A smirk slowly formed on her face.

"Y-yah, what do you mean me and Jeongyeon?" Momo laughed nervously.

"Don't fool me, Momo" Mina sternly said before breaking giggling causing Momo to have a mini heart attack at the sudden change of emotion.