v. Run

Momo sat in the drivers seat with Sana in the back while Mina sat in the front seat next to Momo. Dahyun had decided to stay behind in case there wasn't any space for Sana's friend to sit in.

"Where are we going to?" Momo asked as she started the car.

Sana replied with a set of directions.

"Did you get all that?" Sana asked afterwards. Momo nodded. But Sana would soon realize that she didn't when they ended up at a mall near where Sana had instructed her to go.

They all sat in silence at the mall's parking lot since Momo hadn't dared to talk to the younger woman since she got them lost. Sana was the first to break the silence she knew that they wouldn't be going anywhere any time soon if she waited for Momo to speak up.

"Turn to the left at the exit and go straight for a couple hundred meters. We'll arrive at her building."

Momo just showed the younger woman a shy grin accompanied with a "mianhe" in a small voice.

Eventually, the three arrived at their destination. "Woah, your friend works here?" Momo asked as she eyed the building in front of them. Sana smirked and nodded in response.

"How do you even know her?" Mina asked as they made their way to the grand building.

"I have a life too you know. I'm not just some criminal that does nothing but con people everyday" Sana frowned. She and Momo were walking in front of Mina so the younger hadn't noticed this but she heard the hurt in Sana's voice which made her guilty.

"I'm sorry, Sana" Mina said in a small voice as they waited for the elevator.

"It's okay, Mina." Sana turned her head to Mina's direction and smiled at the younger. "Really"

Mina nodded in response. She didn't want to make the older woman upset at her since it was her fault for being over judge-y with con artists after what happened with Nayeon.

They got into the elevator and waited until the doors opened again. The two of them followed behind Sana who navigated around the huge floor.

Mina thought they'd never arrive at her friend's location until Sana stopped right in front of a door.

Sana got inside which shocked the two because they were literally barging into an office. The two quietly followed Sana, scared that they'll get caught and get in trouble.

"Why are you even working here?" They came to a halt. The two turned to who Sana was talking to. 

"Go away" The woman replied. Mina and Momo couldn't really see her face since Sana was at the door frame so they couldn't get in. The other woman also had her head behind a set of monitors so only the top of her head could be seen.

"Seyoung" Sana teased. 

"Don't call me that. I told you I was gonna get a stable job" The other woman replied, annoyance was evident in her voice as she glared at Sana. Mina and Momo were quick to take a peek since she looked up.

Sana walked towards the woman and whispered something in her ear. The younger woman was reluctant but she eventually got up.

Mina and Momo finally caught a glimpse of her. They both eyed each other, as if they connected something.

Sana looked at the two bestfriends with a puzzled look etched on her face.

"Just give me a sec to prepare my things and resignation letter."

"Resignation letter?" Sana asked as she simply watched the younger place her items in a box.

"Yeah, I can't con and work here. That'll just complicate things."