ii. The Meeting

"She's a what?!" Mina exclaimed, her hands slammed on the dashboard.

Momo had to focus her eyes on the road. She almost swerved the car.

Dahyun scratched her nape. "She's a con artist"

Silence fell between them for a while before Momo broke it.

"I knew you'd want to back out when you'd know about her job" She started but Mina cut her off.

"I'll go with it"

Dahyun and Momo couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"Really unnie?" Dahyun asked, shocked that Mina agreed to hire, or better yet even associate with con artist.

"Yes. Nayeon deserves every bit of karma that's coming at her." Mina had a small smile on her lips which made the other two happy.

"There's our Mina"

The three of them talked until they eventually reached a secluded part of city. Momo took a turn to the left and parked her car at the side of the road. Dahyun handed her a file about Nayeon and instructed her to give it to her friend when they'd discuss about the plan.

"We're here"

The three of them got out and looked at the building in front of them.

Is she really a con artist. She thought to herself as she eyed the building. It had glass walls for the first floor and had ten floors.

This doesn't look like a con artist's lair. She furrowed her eyebrows. People in suits and uniform could be seen roaming the first floor through the glass walls. Mina was impressed. She was gonna give it to the girl for having major props with her fake building.

"What are you guys looking at?" Dahyun asked, snapping both of them out of their trance. "Her building is this way"

Mina wanted to slap herself. "This isn't her building?"

Dahyun laughed. "No way in the world could that squirrel afford to manage a building like that"

The two of them were dumbfounded. They were staring and standing in front of the wrong building.

"Then why'd you make me park here?" Momo asked as they followed Dahyun.

"So she doesn't get spooked by us. I never told her we're coming today" Dahyun shrugged as they turned around the block.

"What?! What if she'll reject us instead?" Mina asked.

"Don't worry, I have my ways. She owes me" Dahyun smirked. "Plus" She turned around to face her two Japanese friends. "I doubt she'd say no to Mina-unnie"

The three of them got in the seemingly abandoned building.

"Why are we taking the elevator?" Momo was confused. The building didn't even look like it had operating lights so she doubted that the elevators would work.

Dahyun didn't reply and instead pushed the elevator's up and down button rapidly.

"Dahyun-ah, I don't think that'll wo-"

The elevator doors creaked and shaked for a bit before opening, revealing a set of spiral stairs.

"You were saying, Momo-unnie?" Dahyun asked as she got in the elevator. She climbed up the stairs before realizing that her friends were still outside. She climbed back down and snapped her fingers, snapping the two out of their trance.

"This closes in a minute"

Once Dahyun said that, the two instantly raced to get inside.

"Follow me" She said once the two were at the bottom of the stairs.