𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

~+~

xi

𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐲 to get Daryl back here, not even I can convince him. It was dinner and Lori, Rick, Glenn and Hershel weren't back yet. "They should've been back by now." Andrea sighs walking into the dining room as Carl pours himself some water. "Yeah. They just got holed up somewhere." Shane dismisses.

"We'll head out first thing in the morning." Oh, yeah, because that's wise, definitely won't be dead. "Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay? Your old man, he's the toughest son of a-" "No cussing in the house." Patricia interrupts. I smirk, trying to hide my laughter. "Sorry." Shane surrenders.

"Lori, dinner!" Carol shouts to the other room. Oh shit! "She's not in there." Maggie informs. "Where is she?" Dale asks. I keep my head down, if I can't see them, they can't see me. There's a silence. "Carl, when's the last time you saw your Mum?" Shane questions. "This afternoon." Carl answers. "She was worried about Rick, asked me and Julia to look in on Carl." Andrea says.

"Jade?" Pops asks, making me look up slowly. "Do you know something?" I look around at everyone and finally give in, I sigh deeply. "Lori said she was going after Rick and Glenn, but told me not to tell you all because she didn't want anyone to worry, and she thought she would be back by dinner." My reveal was followed by lots of groans of, maybe, disappointment.

"I swore not to tell anyone and I, as well, thought she'd be back by now." "Okay, nobody panic." Shane calms, getting up, same as everyone else. I approach Ma. "I feel like it's my fault, what if something happened to her?" I fret. "It's not your fault, Baby." she assures. "Let's just try finding her, eh?" I nod and we leave the room to "find" her.

***

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐭 of searching to see if she was still hanging around, she was no where to be found, well I did say she left, but you all do you. "Where is she?" Carl whines. "She asked Daryl to go into town." Carol informs rushing towards us. "Did you know about that, Jade?" Shane asks me. "No, I swear, she said she spoke to him, but she didn't mention that she asked Daryl to take her out." I deny.

I was telling the truth, she only said that, nothing about asking about a "taxi-driver". Carl starts to cry. "Carl-" Andrea tries soothing, but he walks away. And to top this night off, I made Carl cry, for fuck's sake, I'm an idiot! "Did you know about this?" Shane interrogates Dale. "No." he simply answers.