𝐓𝐒-𝟏𝟗

~+~

vi

𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 inside the building. The lobby was completely empty, not one person or moaner in sight. "Hello?" Rick calls out. The cocking of a rifle sounded off and the men with guns aim them them at the man at the stairs. "Anybody infected?" he shouts. "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick informs.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" he asks. "A chance." Rick answers. "That's asking an awful lot these days." he says. "I know." Rick sighs. The guy starts looking at us in the eye, us secretly pleading with him to let us stay. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that." Rick nods. He lowers his gun. "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." he warns. Most of the men rush outside to get all of the luggage, they run back in after. "Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up there."

"Rick Grimes." he holds out his hand. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." he responds. We were all now in the elevator, in silence until, Daryl breaks the it. "Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" "There were plenty left lying around." he replies. "I familiarised myself. But you look harmless enough." He looks at Carl and I. "Except you and you." We look up at him.

"I'll have to keep my eye on you two." He's a pretty chill dude. Once out of the elevator, he leads us down a corridor. "Are we underground?" Carol asks Jenner. "Are you claustrophobic?" he asks her back. "A little." she responds. "Try not to think about it." he advises. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room."

The light in the shape of a ring lights up and we were in a room of computers. "Welcome to zone 5." he welcomes. We walk along the bridge, until I realise something. "Where is everybody? Like, doctors and stuff?" "I'm it. It's just me here." he tells us.

"What about the person you were speaking with?" Lori asks. "Vi?" "Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them... welcome." he orders whoever Vi was. "Hello, guests. Welcome." a monotone voice says. "I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." he says. He takes us to a room to get our blood tested, Andrea was having her's tested, mine was last, thank God I'm not afraid of needles.

"What's the point? If we were infected, we'd all be running a fever." Andrea scoffs. "I've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here. Let me just at least be thorough." he sighs. "All done." As Andrea begins to stand, she starts to wobble a bit, Jacqui steadies her. "Are you okay?" Jenner asks.