𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

~+~

ix

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 this guy so bad! Yes, it may not have been on purpose, but we were looking at that adorable deer, then this massive guy shoots it and it shoots through to Carl. Rick was carrying him across a field, while me, Shane and the other guy were behind them. "Hey, you move, shithead!" Shane starts dragging the unknown guy.

"How far?! How far?!" Rick shouts. "Another half mile that way!" he pants. "Hershel! Talk to Hershel! He'll help your boy!" Shane stays back with the man, while Rick and I go off to this guy called Hershel. I was running with tears strolling down my cheeks.

As we got closer and closer to the house ahead, about nine people emerged. "Was he bit?" the eldest guy asks. I answer for Rick as he was to out of breath to speak. "Shot! By your man!" "Otis?" a dark toned girl said, she had a necklace that said "Letty" on it, she was gorgeous, then again all of the young girls looked beautiful.

"He said find Hershel, is that you?" Rick pants. The old guy nods. "Get him inside!" We all run back inside. "Patricia, I need my full kit. Maggie, painkillers, coagulates, grab everything. Clean towels, sheets, alcohol." He flips over a quilt and gets Rick to put him down onto the bed. "Pillowcase, quick! Fold it, make a pad."

Rick folds the pillowcase and applies pressure onto the wound. This Hershel guy puts on his stethoscope and holds it to Carl's chest. "I've got a heartbeat. It's faint." he says. Everything was going by so fast, all these medical things that they needed for Carl was freaking me out a little bit.

"Your names?" Hershel asks. "R- Ri- Rick." he murmurs. "J- Jade." I get out. "Rick, Jade, we're gonna do everything we can, okay? You need to give us some room. Now." Hershel assures. Rick could barely move, so I drag him as softly as I could.

We get out of the room and lean against a wall, I look down at my hands that were stained with his blood from when I collapsed next to him. "Carl!" I scream tears welling in my eyes. Carl was shot! I fall to my knees and cover Carl's wound, or at least try. I just couldn't believe he was shot. I was so deep in thought that I hadn't realised that Rick had gone outside to see Shane and Otis.

I slowly slide down the wall and huddle my legs to my chest, Lori doesn't even know yet, no one at camp knows yet. Rick comes in with Shane and Otis. "You heard anything yet?" Rick asks. I shake my head. "Nothing." I stand and follow them into the room where they were.