𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐬

~+~

iii

"𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back... Except maybe Daryl." Morales says. Yeah, Daryl's going to be really fucking sad. "Daryl?" Rick questions. "His brother." Morales answers. Rick must feel pretty stupid right now.

A car alarm sounds behind, Glenn! He was cheering! I giggle at his childish behaviour. "At least someone's feeling good." I smirk. "Who wouldn't? That's a sick car!" Zak exclaims. "Well, you could take one at some point, bro." Roy grins. "He says in front of a cop." I giggle. "The rules don't apply anymore." Rick jumps in.

We were just coming up the hill and see everyone gathered around Glenn and his red car, Ma and Pops being two of them. "Come meet everyone." Morales pats Rick's arm. Andrea is the first out to greet her sister, Amy. I was next with my brothers. Ma's face lights up like a Christmas Tree as soon as she sees us.

"Jade!" they shout happily. We run to each other and fall into each others arms. "You scared us, kids!" Pops says. "Sorry, Pops." I apologise. "How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" Shane asks. "New guy, he got us out." Glenn explains. "New guy?" he questions. "Yeah, crazy Vato just got into town. Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello." Morales shouts. Rick gets out and looks up.

"He's a cop, like you, Shane." Roy informs. Shane looks over and he couldn't believe his eyes, neither could Rick. "Dad!" Carl yells. They were both on the verge of tears, I cant it's going to make me cry! They collapse into each others arms. Rick walks over to Lori, Carl in his arms, the couple embrace each other. I smile at the beautiful sight.

***

𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 the sky now and we was all around the campfire. "Disoriented. I guess that comes closest. Disoriented. Fear, confusion... all those things but... Disoriented comes closest." Rick tells us. "Words can be meagre things. Sometimes they fall short." Dale sighs.

"Mum said you died." Carl murmurs. "She had every reason to believe that. Don't you ever doubt it." Rick says. "When things started to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, and it never happened." Lori explains.

"Well, I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell." Rick sighs. "Yeah." Lori nods. "And from the look of that hospital, it got overrun." Rick says. "Yeah, looks don't deceive. I barely got them out, you know?" Shane jumps in. "I can't tell you how grateful I am to you, Shane. I can't begin to express it." Rick nods.