Resolve

(Aether POV)

"Paimon have you still not found the map?"
I asked.

Paimon shakes her head profusely, "Paimon can find the map"
She responded.

"Traveler, I think we should be able to get out of here without teleporting, plus whatever lies down the path must be good since we've gone through all this trouble."

Venti winked at me. We kept walking down the purple hallway, "Venti we've been walking down for a while, is this perhaps an-"

"-Illusion"
A voice cuts me off,
"Yes exactly."
I responded.

However the voice was not Venti's or Paimon's.

"Welcome to the abyss"
A hydro abyss mage greets us,
I summon my sword.

"Surrender to the abyss!"
It cackled.
I ran up to the abyss mage, striking its shield, only to bounce back.

   I clutched my sword's handle tightly. Venti grabbed my shoulder, whispering, "Distract it while I find a way out."

"Okay."
I whispered back.

Running towards the abyss mage, it threw some hydro bubbles at me, which I dodged, barely.

   After using my anemo powers a few times, I was able to break the shield. I readied myself to end the fight before another bubble came up by surprise. I tried to dodge it, failing in the process.

I tripped over my footing, making me hit the domains floors pretty hard.

I hissed in pain.

I felt someone grab me by the hand, forcing myself up, running towards what seemed to be a rock wall.

I closed my eyes.

The wall burst into pieces, bits of rock flying in all directions, I looked back to see the abyss mage regaining its shield, teleporting after us.

I quickly picked up the speed, running towards another doorway, I take the lead in pace, pulling Venti into the doorway, the doorway then sealed itself off.

We regained our breath, I was panting quite heavily, "Woah that was very interesting."
Venti grinned.

"Where are we anyway?"
I asked, looking around, there seemed to be a waterfall, and the area was colored a light purple,
Almost like Sal terrae.

The purple seemed to be like the one we saw earlier.
The area was a cool temperature,
Unlike Sal terrae it had no sign of plant life.

"This place seems to be another illusion, something we're familiar with. It's best we get out of here soon." Venti said.

Shortly after his pitch Zhongli and Xiao walked through a doorway on the opposite side. Xiao didn't look at me, which made me feel the sadness I had temporarily forgotten moments ago.

"I believe the we have found the exit."
Zhongli said to us, signaling for us to come over.

Venti looked at me, his gaze reassuring me. I swallowed my worries and pretended as if it didn't affect me. Even though it was quite obvious.

"Let's get out of here, I'm craving some dandelion wine."
Venti groaned, walking over to Zhongli and Xiao.

I followed behind Venti. Xiao looked at me while we were walking, he opened his mouth to speak before looking away once again.

I understand he wants to apologize, but I should be the one apologizing.

Zhongli showed us an exit,
the four blue squares stacked on top of each other felt surprisingly welcoming.

"Let us exit then."
Zhongli said, holding his hand out towards the cubes, leaving the domain. Venti did the same, I was about to do it as well before Xiao grabbed my hand.

"If you don't mind, may we speak after this?"
Xiao looked a bit frantic, I just nodded slightly, before exiting the domain. The warmth I pulled away from I missed very much.

____________

Notes!
I just want to pull Zhongli, got Diluc instead, the pain is real. (・_・;)

——————-