Checkmate

NOTES!
Again thank you for reading!
(Fight scene included)
(For this particular scene I'll rate my story as mature?)
__________________________________

Hu Tao POV:

"Aya, it's rude to spy on people"
I say whipping my head around to face an old pine tree.
An abyss herald emerges from the trees making his way towards me.
"You sent your little friend away before he knocked out, how clever"

"I'm not the 77th director of Wangsheng funeral parlor for nothing," I wore a cheeky smile on my face.

"Let's skip the introductions, I'm happy I get to greet the new client, here at Wangsheng funeral parlor we let our clients have the most pleasured experiences." The smile on my face began to grow.

"Too bad you'll be joining your friends on the other side before that happens."

It says, the abyss herald sprints towards me wearing hydro swords. I dodged the attack with ease summoning my pole-arm.

"Interesting!" I say while laughing, "But I don't have time to play games." My eyes relaxed.

"See you on the other side~" I add a little wink for effect.

The abyss herald again sprints towards me as I jump out of the way. Summoning my Paramita Papilio, red butterflies surround me as I feel a burst of energy and power.
I strike at full force knocking it down, I kept striking and striking making sure not to use too much energy. The battle prolongs. It tries to strike me in the head but I manage to escape in time. I turn back around clashing my weapon against its hydro daggers.

"You're strong Ill give you that"
The abyss herald speaks in a low tone.

After the many hits the abyss herald managed to land, my breathing catches up with me. I watch carefully as the abyss herald summons eight hydro energy balls, charging towards me once more.

I use my polearm to block the oncoming attack but my strength had been diminished significantly after using my Paramita form.

The heel of my shoe dug into the dirt as I tried to keep myself far from its blade, I slowly began moving backward from the strength the abyss herald held, forcing me to back up.

I summon a ghost quickly to use my ultimate attack. However, the herald knocks my pole-arm out of my hands launching me back, hitting the nearby tree.

"Too slow." The abyss herald chuckles.

My body flops onto the ground along with my pole-arm only a couple of meters away from me. All I had to do was reach it and I could defeat this guy.

I reach out my hand before it steps on my hand, I yelp in pain, "So tell me human what are the whereabouts of the blonde traveler and your archon."

Its boot applied more pressure onto my hand, I manage to squeak out, "Sorry but we don't let just any weirdos know our secrets."
It summons a dagger, "Wrong answer."

Before I could react to the attack, the abyss herald fell forward disappearing into dust.

I look up in confusion to see Aether standing there. "Sorry, you looked like you needed help." He said tilting his head, wearing a small smile.