A third party

"Wait, wait, wait, you think that the Traveler has something to do with Celestia?!"

Zhongli nods his head,
"Indeed. As we know a god or archon separated the traveler from his sister."

Venti interrupts,
"That wouldn't mean that it's someone of Celestia's, it could be an archon."

"500 years ago we engaged in battle, no archon would flee battle to stop two travelers from leaving the world, not unless they posed a thr-"

"-threat"
Venti finishes the sentence, mouth forming an "o".

"...indeed"

"If so then wheres Aether's sister now?"
Venti asks.

"I'm unsure, my guess is she's in ties with the abyss or the Fatui."

"Oh? What makes you say that."

Venti sits himself down on the floor of Davalin's lair. As wind swirled the structure in a calming way.

"Signora could've easily killed you and the traveler after you were ambushed."

"-yet she didn't?"
Venti tilts his head slightly, indicating he didn't see Zhongli's point.

"She didn't for reason, reputation aside, getting rid of you and the traveler could've been beneficial, she's smart and doesn't pass such opportunities."

"You're saying that his sister is part of the abyss or Fatui?"

"Incorrect, in relations with the fatui."

Venti shifted to a thinking pose. One hand holding his face, as the other sat on his hip.

"Interesting, although, your new found theory holds no ground?"

"You are the god of wind aren't you? Let the ideas float for a bit, once the traveler is back to normal we'll figure out a way to sort out the situation."

Venti shrugs,
"Why keep speculating when there's nothing to gain?"

"If Liyue is put into a deviating war once again I will probably parish in the fight. I should be able to prepare my people."
Zhongli states.

"Well explain this, why would Celestia just take the twin's power then let them roam free in Tevyat?"

Zhongli looks down.
"It's just a theory, although most likely where ever the travelers were headed off too, it could've ruined Celestia somehow."

"Ruined? That seems extreme."

"The travelers might have been somewhat the same level as Celestia. That would pose a threat enough to stop them from leaving, keeping them in teyvat means Celestia could watch other them."

"That makes sense. Even so, when the time comes you know who's side we'd be on."
Venti says.

"I am aware, betraying our duties would not look well, but it's for the best."

"Nevertheless, we shouldn't just talk about potential war, let's talk about what Aether saw in those ruins."
Venti smirks.

"Perhaps he encountered Celestia?"
Zhongli suggested.
Venti broke down laughing.
"Y-you think Celestia would be hiding out in ruins!?"

Zhongli frowned.
"It's a possibility, we should not disregard it."

"Ah yes, Venti mode off, time to be barbatos...
Well, we won't know till we speak with the traveler, it's best we wait, your theories seem valid, although I feel that may not be the case."
Venti says.

Zhongli just nods his head.

"Ah come on old man, no need to be so tense, we should live in the moment. Speaking of let's go visit Aether again."

"Barbatos it's only been a couple hours."
Zhongli notes.

"Nonsense the traveler promised me I was in the clear of suspicion."

"And when did this happen?"
Zhongli raises an eyebrow.

"Right before he left to Liyue."
Venti says a sad tone could be found in his voice if you searched hard enough.

"Anyway, let's be off!"
Venti springs up.

Zhongli shakes his head, sighing.

.
.
.
.

Aether lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"Xiao?"

Xiao looks over at Aether, "Mm?"

"How long have I been staring at this ceiling?"
Aether reaches up before clutching his fist.

"An efficient enough amount time for you to now tell me where you've been for the last couple days."
Aether groans in annoyance.

"Okay, come here."
Xiao does not move.
"Come here."
Xiao sighs, slowly getting up moving towards the bed. He sits in a chair near the bed.

"Do you remember me?" Xiao looked puzzled by the question.
"Remember you?" He questioned.

"Yeah" Aether specifies.
"I haven't see you before."
Xiao states.

"My memories, I feel were taken."
Xiao tilts his head in confusion.
"Nevermind."
Aether shifts facing the wall.

Xiao noted that Aether seemed very off, his emotions were scattered everywhere, trying to paint with his tears, only if Xiao knew what would happen in the oncoming year.

.
.
.
.

___________

Notes!

I did it- I hope this made sense. This chapter was made to bring you up to speed for those who were confused on the timeline :') Thanks so much for reading.
__________