Triggered a trap

Zhongli and I were met with a frantic employee of Hu Tao's parlor.

"Good afternoon Mung."
Zhongli bowed his head in acknowledgment.

"Mister Zhongli! I'm so glad you're here. The director has gotten herself in a bit of trouble with paperwork. Please assist us!"

Mung bowed his head once or twice before leading us inside.

The hall of Wangsheng funeral parlor was packed with newcomers, I hated the sight. I didn't want to walk through all those people, instead appearing in Hu Tao's room.

Hu Tao tapped her pencil on her table, clicking her tongue.
The room was nicely lit, I sat on the chair across from her table.

"Hu Tao."
I greeted, Hu Tao looked up at me with pleading eyes, "Let's get out of here and go get tofu! Quickly before Zhongli comes!"

She said happily before Zhongli threw the door open, he radiated frustration and an angered aura.

He closed the door behind him slowly, walking towards the table, sitting right next to me. Hu Tao slumped into the chair, looking less than amused.

Zhongli spoke, "Director, do tell me why adventurer's families are here, and explain why they are complaining about how you made a comment in front of all of them saying that if their adventurers are dead that you'd give a half price off on the first few customers."

Zhongli looked up, his smile looked very suspicious. I failed to see the problem.

Hu Tao hid her face with her hat.
"Aya, I just said that and now instead of having business booming I'm getting..."

"Director, what is going on?"
Zhongli began to smile even more, which frightened me more than when he was frowning.

"I'm being sued."
Hu Tao cried out, banging her head on her desk.

I looked over at Hu Tao, "Why not talk to Yanfei?" I asked puzzled.

"Yanfei?....YANFEI?!"
Hu Tao sprung from her seat, rushing out. I looked over at Zhongli, who nodded in return. I teleported out of the funeral parlor, searching for Hu Tao. Who was running towards the legal office.

A lively mortal indeed.
I rolled my eyes, appearing at her destination.
"Xiao! Quick! Let's go in and talk to Yanfei."

Hu Tao speeds passed me, making the door fly open.

I followed after Hu Tao, after a bit of peeking around and questioning people for Yanfei, we found her in her office.

.
.
.
.

"Indeed what a predicament."
Yanfei stated, looking into her book.

"Defaming the dead, it's not morally right, but most of the time the lawsuits are not won by the one suing. But it's still heavily frowned upon. I will handle it."

Yanfei closes her booking, making it disappear into the air.

"So I'm safe?!"
Hu Tao let out an exhausted breath.

Yanfei smiled, "I won't say it's okay, but I can help you, it's the least I can do for you and Adeptus Xiao."

She looked over at me, her eyes looked a bit distant. I bowed my head in gratitude, she did the same.

"Aya, what a stressful morning! Time to set off to Wuwang hill!"
Hu Tao got up from the chair, humming on her way out.

Yanfei was about to leave the room as well before I spoke.
"Tell me, do you know of why a person would bear ill-will to me?"
I asked.

She turned around, head tilting to the side, "Depends what did you say?"

I bit my lip before continuing. "They asked if I were with Hu Tao, which I said yes."

Yanfei widens her eyes, "You are in relations with Hu Tao?!"
She gasped.

"No, I am not, they just asked if I was with her, which I return said yes, then the other had refused to look at me after that."

Yanfei nodded shakily, "I understand, you meant as in you were hanging out with Hu Tao, I think what they meant was if you were dating her."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hu Tao is a close ally of mine."
I added.

Yanfei continued, "I am aware Adeptus Xiao, but I think the other person read the situation as you are dating her."

I think to myself, there's no way Aether would think I am in relations with Hu Tao.

"Thank you."
I replied, disappearing into the wind.

.
.
.
.

Zhongli was still seated at the table in Wansheng funeral parlor when I appeared next to him.

"How did it go?"
He asked, sipping a cup of tea.

"The venture was successful."
I responded.

He set this cup in his left hand, "Well then we should meet the traveler and the bard at the destination."

I nodded in response, he got up from the chair, dusting himself off a bit.

He slipped on his coat, fidgeting with the cuffs of his sleeve.

"Let us be off then."

Zhongli stated we began to make our way to the ruins.

.
.
.

Once we arrived at the ruins Zhongli began to examine the area.

"I wonder, is this the entrance."
Zhongli was looking at a couple of rocks with a mysterious mist coming out of the rocks.

"Let's enter."
Zhongli said focusing his attention on me.

I followed him into the ruins, summoning my pole-arm.

"XIAO! OLD MAN!"

Zhongli groaned, "Well isn't it the bard?"

Zhongli and I began walking down the dimly lit cave towards Ba-Venti.

"BE CAT IN TAP!"
Zhongli wrinkled his nose.
I was confused as well.

Venti started waving his hands frantically, "BE CAT IN THE TAP!"

Aether looked at us, making a signal showing him waving his arms into a crossed arm shape.

"What are those two doin-"
Zhongli steps on a panel, making a gate fall in front of us, where Venti and Aether were standing the floor plate disappears.

Venti shrieked, "I SAID DONT TRIGGER TRAPPPPPS-"

Zhongli looks at me, I was frozen in shock,
"We may have triggered a trap."

.
.
.
.