Request

Notes!
I'm trying to upload chapters as much as 1-2 a day, I apologize if I end up missing uploading a chapter! Also, I may add a little chapter for questions, comments, input, etc.
Do enjoy this chapter!
__________________________________

Aether was out picking jueyun chilies around Qingce village.

"PAIMONS BORED, NO COMMISSIONS, NO SEEING FRIENDS, NO MORE MEAN NICKNAMES FOR PAIMON TO COME UP WITH, WERE GOING TO GO POOR!"

Paimon complained, throwing her small hands in the air throwing a fit.

Aether rolled his eyes, continuing to pick up the Jueyen chilies.

"Paimon I've already told you the plan, and you never even helped during fights." He says. "FOR YOUR INFORMATION PAIMON HELPS YOU HEAL AND GIVE YOU FOOD!"
Aether spaced off as Paimon ranted for what he called endlessly. He felt hopeless, everything he'd work for was washed away, now having to scramble at the pieces putting something together as a goal.

He had hoped to find his sister and leave this world behind. But every time he gets close, it vanishes out of his reach. Starting from square one, the cycle repeating, and somehow the friends he made along the way are related to everything from 500 years ago leading up to now.

Trust began to dwindle, in others and himself.

.
.
.
.

Xiao tapped his foot aggressively on the ground. Seated on the stone chair, Hu Tao held a nervous smile, Cloud retainer interjects the tension, "One will take their leave."

Xiao nods as Cloud retainer retreats to her domain.

Xiao looks back at Hu Tao who just smiles brightly,
"You got into a fight, is that why you had called me? More importantly, you lied to an Adeptus about your whereabouts. You, mortals, have no appreciation of the adepti."

Hu Tao looked annoyed being lectured,
"I called you, but, I didn't finish it because I changed my mind, I'm alive anyway so it's fine."
Hu Tao answered.

"No, we are not fine, you are more than capable to handle monsters. What are you hiding?"
Xiao was growing restless every second.

"I swear on a coffin made for me, I'm telling nothing but the truth."
Hu Tao bit her lip to stop herself from laughing.

Xiao glared at her, before looking away.
The water in the lake was calm, it was about noon, the colors in the land of adepti were pretty and warm.
"I will not press you on these matters further, however that doesn't mean you are let off the hook, mortal."

It was clear that Xiao had more to say, Hu Tao wanted to know what he was thinking, a cheeky smile grew on her face, "Do you have more to add?"

"Where is he?"
Xiao looked at her with a cold and scary look. This was not what Hu Tao had expected Xiao to ask. She didn't know what she was expecting but it certainly was not this question.

"Wh-wheres what?"
Xiao's expression did not change, narrowing his eyes, making Hu Tao swallow the lump in her throat, perhaps it would've been best if she never asked what was on his mind.

"Now's not the time to play games, where is he?"

Hu Tao looked puzzled, she didn't tell Xiao about Aether, so how did he find out? Did he sense the traveler in Liyue? Is that how it works? She thought to herself.

"I don't know."
She says smile turning into an oblivious one.

"You don't know?"
Xiao seemed more pressed than ever.

"I don't know, he vanished."
Hu Tao hated coming clean about Aether, she felt as if she betrayed him.

"He vanished? I thought you killed him?"
Xiao said.
Hu Tao was confused at first.

"I said I killed him?."
She was puzzled.

"Did you not kill that thing?"
Xiao crossed his arms as he asked the question.

"Why would I kill the traveler?..."

.
.
.
.

Zhongli was called to the director's room for the second time that day. He walked down the hallway of the funeral parlor.

Upon opening the door he sees Hu Tao facing the wall and Xiao wearing a fed-up look.

"What is going on?"
Zhongli asks, looking at the two suspiciously.

"Good evening Mr. Zhongli."
Xiao greets him,
"Good evening, mind explaining why my employer is sitting down, facing a wall?"

Xiao looks at the floor, "She has whereabouts on the traveler but will not share the events of last night." The frustration built up in Xiao.

Zhongli's eyebrows raise looking at Hu Tao, who would not make eye contact.

"Where's the Traveler?"
Zhongli asked looking at Hu Tao.

"It's not that simple, I can't say."
She responded she didn't know where Aether had gone that night after he left.

"Hu Tao this isn't time for games."
Says Xiao.

"Enough, if she won't say anything don't press her further, there is most likely a reason behind why she cannot tell us. That said, Hu Tao?"

Hu Tao turns her head to face Zhongli,
"Yes?"

Zhongli was standing behind one of the wooden chairs across her desk, Xiao, on the other hand, was standing near the door, glaring at her.

She gulped at the sight.

"You are unwilling to tell us about what's going on with the traveler no? Well, would you show us where you last saw him?"

She knew that Aether said tell not show.

Still betraying her friend would not benefit her in any way.

She shook her head.

Zhongli narrowed his eyes, looking similar to Xiao's look.

"That means the traveler is still in Liyue, since Hu Tao won't reveal where or how she encountered the traveler that means he's close, He can't leave to Inazuma for a week. We need to find him before that and investigate what he saw or encountered in those ruins, it may pose a potential threat to Liyue."

Xiao interrupted Zhongli, "Aren't your duties to Liyue non-existent, you resigned leaving Liyue archon-less."
The way Xiao worded the sentence made it seem like he still bares resentment to Zhongli for leaving Liyue without an archon.

Zhongli puts himself in a thinking pose, "Indeed, I did resign, but I can side with the people and protect Liyue."

Xiao growls quietly,
"Nevertheless, we must find the traveler."
Zhongli continues,
"Xiao, you should be able to find him, and Hu Tao, accompany Xiao."

Xiao nods, looking over to a Hu Tao, who looked far from happy. Zhongli walks to the door and leaves.

"Let's go we have no time to waste." Xiao walks over to Hu Tao.

"Aya, sorry traveler."
She whispers.