Mission failed successfully

Note!
I'm so tired, so sorry for the late updates 😅
_________________________________

After what felt like years of wandering around aimlessly, Hu Tao and Xiao rested at a tree in the adeptus' land.

"Aya! I'm so tired~"
Hu Tao slouches against the big tree, one particular branch shines of blue.

"Hey Xiao, who's that?"
Hu Tao points to a blue haired girl staring at the tree.

Xiao looks up at the girl before looking away, "Do not mind it."
He says.

"We're not going to find him, I didn't even know where he left to!"
Hu Tao lays her head against the tree.

"Well perhaps if you used your head you could've called me."

"I did but you arrived a day later?!"

Xiao rolls his eyes, sitting himself down on the grass. Hu Tao breathes a heavy sigh before tipping her hat forward, making it cover her eyes, as she drifted to sleep midday.

Xiao waited for her to fall asleep before looking around for Aether himself. However he didn't want to leave Hu Tao there alone, instead he called on cloud retainer and asked her to watch over Hu Tao from her peak.

.
.
.
.

Aether hid in a tree, ready to plunge down at the boar, as it nears closer to the tree Aether ready's his sword.

"AETHER PAIMON HAS NEWS."

The boar startled by Paimon's voice runs away.

Aether slaps his face before turning to Paimon.

"Paimon if I don't hunt you'll become emergency food for real."
Aether already in a bad mood with his circumstances, was now hungry and in a bad mood.

"PAIMON HAS NE-"
Aether puts a finger to Paimon's mouth.
"Paimon be quiet!" He hissed.

Paimon speaks in a low tone.
"But Xia-"

Aether hushs Paimon once again.

Readying himself to wait for an arriving boar.

.
.
.
.

Xiao walked throughout Liyue, he sat down on a log in Qingce village, recollecting his thoughts.

He should be fighting demons right now, not joining a search party for a man who doesn't want to be found.

Xiao looked out at the landscape, the rivers flowed calmly. The flowers were arranged by color, and the village was peaceful overall. The sky was painted a light blue, with the sun high up. Placing itself in the middle of the sky.

Just yesterday was when Hu Tao told Xiao what she knew.

Everything felt so slow, Xiao's perspective on life shifted a little, with no one to visit him at Wangshu inn he was left with more free time to bear.

He felt an unfamiliar-

"AETHER PAIMON HAS NEWS."