Ch 16 - A Friend

- Yes Joohee. Yeah I bought it... Today at 7 pm... I don't know it. Some flimsy story about heroes and cars. It's supposed to be funny...

Last time he checked. Seriously he had no taste and no experience in this field, since for him every movie looked the same or better said was equally boring.

- YEAAA!

Joohee's voice resounded so loud that the phone's dynamics nearly crashed. He understood what she meant, but he was really bad at this. He wandered over an hour on the net, looking for a "good movie" and honestly thought, that a more difficult task than that, he had not yet experienced.

- I checked the review... yeah. ("It a sh*t but it's a funny sh*t. It's not that bad is it?" thought Joohoon to himself). I'll take care of it.

He tried to ensure his sister that he really put some thought in it and it would "supposedly" work somehow, but it seemed she wasn't going to appreciate his efforts.

-... What clothes? For me? ...You can't be serious.

Another loud burst of high-pitched disapproval came right back, which he luckily avoided just in time by moving his phone quickly away from his ear.

Joohoon couldn't actually know about Joohee's plan to dress them in subtly matching clothes. Even if he knew he couldn't do anything about it.

- Okay okay. I got it. I'll drop by... Dinner? Why-

His hand instinctually moved.

- Yes dinner, of course. I'll look for a place... No heavy meals. Ok... Sushi. Got it... just light drinks... No soju... Beer, Roger... Huh? If it's raining hm then go back home?

Joohoon remembered the night before and how sensitive Jiwook seemed to be to cold and thought it would be better that way. Best not risking catching a cough, with Jiwook staying alone most of the time.

He was half right.

This time he stand bravely and didn't move the phone away.

- Yes, you're right. Catch a cab, make tea, keep in warmth. God I got it Joohee. Don't worry, this much I can handle, replied the elder, a confident smile rose on his face.

His sister sighed over the speaker, it seemed she didn't need to deny that.
With his mind now full of instructions and accurate details, he should be careful about, you'd think he would have given up since long ago. Yeah, maybe, the old him. But now he quietly, almost eagerly, took in each advice, listening thoroughly to his sister's words.

Joohoon forgot when he last time was on a date and surely he wasn't the one to organize it, he didn't even remember what he did, or with whom he was. This was his first time, to put so much effort in something, for someone other than his family.
And actually for himself as well.
He was willing to do everything that was needed from him to make that date a good time for Jiwook, for both of them. He was strangely excited(?) (by Joohoon's standards yeah) and a bit overconscious about it all, but even more strange was that feeling, which buzzed him. That he really wished to do it. To give Jiwook a piece of time, where he could relax and forget about his worries, could enjoy himself and smile.

Yeah. It was actually very simple.
He wanted to see him happy.

And it seemed he was going to break the worlds apart only for that.

If needed.
He will.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jiwook hung up the call and sighed so long and heavily, that you'd think he held in the air for a hour not for just a mere seconds.

No wonder, as the person who called him, the aggressive stranger, made another menacing threat, just to make sure that Jiwook would not back away. He already gave his word that he'll meet them in two days, but of course they needed to check on him at every chance.