Ch 13 - Happiness

- Take this.

- Hm?

Joohoon dropped a small item in Jiwook's palms, it looked like a SIM-card.

- Your phone still works, doesn't it? That's my old number. I charged it, so you can use it however.

Jiwook was momentarily surprised not really following Joohoon's track of thoughts.

- But I don't need-

- Use it and always reply to my calls. My number is saved, Joohee's too. I'll have to drop to school today and then at home too. It'll take a while.

- Okay. Thank you.

The younger added with a faded voice, pouting already that Joohoon had to leave, but then suddenly lifted his head, as a (great) idea came to his mind.

- Hyung may I ... text you too?

The elder turned to Jiwook, meeting two wide eager eyes, that he guessed were his puppy eyes when asking for something.

"Does he think it'll work on me?"

Chuckle.

- I'm not really the chatting type.

- Oh ok-ay.

Jiwook looked dejected, but tried stubbornly to hide that, at which he obviously failed.

The elder's smile widened in a grin, another teasing rolling on his tongue, he's getting worse at controlling this new strange habit of his. He took Jiwook by surprise, lifting his chin abruptly, very close to his face, of course with his own head a little bend so his eyes would meet the younger's directly. Jiwook's trembled for a moment, but then stayed brave returning his gaze.

- Why? Are you that lonely without me?

Jiwook gulped, his ears lost first and turned red right away, his teeth slipped to bite the lower lip involuntarily, as a mean to stop himself from splitting the truth out of him.

- Nah!

A finger slid in quickly to protect his lips, pushing his teeth apart from it, opening his mouth a little as a result.

- Don't even try. Remember? We made a deal.

Jiwook's face got even hotter, the intimate touch as well as the "talk" from the day before leaked in his mind. His heart already anticipating that "deal".

Joohoon stretched an all-known smirk on his face, pleased with the younger's "reply".

His hand moved on top of the other's head messing softly his hair as if he pated a sulking puppy.

- Text me, call me, do whatever. I can't say I'll reply to all, but I'll check it at least.

Nope. He wasn't giving in to him.

Though the elder tried to look indifferent, the truth (that he maybe didn't want to acknowledge) was that Jiwook's puppy eyes were unexpectedly effective on him.

Yeah, he was Lee Joohoon after all. Imagine what would happen if he'd submit to any of Jiwook's pleas.

No good indeed.

Jiwook's expression lightened brightly like a sunbeam, his eyes disappeared under blue unruly locks, when he made a firm nod.

The elder returned a piece of Jiwook's glowing smile as if intoxicated by the younger's cheerfulness.

...

After Joohoon left, Jiwook tried to make himself busy in the house, do some cleaning, which (of course) wasn't his strong point, but he was eager to do something useful during his stay there. Yeah, wanting to do something didn't exactly mean successfully accomplish it. He made the vacuum bag explode (cleaning the mess after that), nearly broke a vase (which he caught in the last moment at the expense of hitting his pinky), made a shelf collapse while wiping the dust (ending with the dozens of small-middle sized objects and books raining mercilessly over his head), had a loosing fight with the outdoor tap (gaining a cold shower for free) and culminated with making the washer drown in foam, the whole bathroom along with it (where he slipped when he hurried to stop the machine gaining another bump on his sorry ass and back). Now that was the real disaster.