15.| ᴘᴏᴇᴛɪᴄ [3]

Start from the beginning

"Which James am I speaking to right now?"

James ignores her question and starts to tap the glass. "Nope, not here," he says as he continues to tap the glass in different spots.

Wanda begins to talk but James doesn't bother to listen. The man just continues to tap the glass in various spots and listening to the sound.

"Jay, look at me," Wanda says as she places her hand on the glass.

The man glances at Wanda and his eyes begin to flicker red. "Wanda?" he looks around. "What the hell am I going in—" he looks at the cuffs. "Oh..."

"It's okay, James. We've found a way to help." The woman smiles.

James places both his hands on the glass, he looks at Wanda. "No no no Wanda. You don't understand, you need to let me out. I can't—" he slightly bangs on the glass. "I can't be in here— not in another cell."

Unaware of what her next move should be—Wanda looks at the door then back at James. "This isn't hydra. You're safe here."

Without hesitation, James aligns his hands with hers on the glass. "Wanda.... please. Let me out, please. Please."

He watches Wanda as she thinks about it for a few seconds.

"I don't know, James..."

James punches the glass in anger causing Wanda to flinch. "Let. Us. Out."

"I thought..."

"That I was normal again?" James fakes a frown, laughing. "Ah, poor Wanda. Well, it seems like you're not letting me out so— you're useless.... as always." he places his ear onto the glass and continues to tap again.

It was clear that Wanda became visibly upset. "I really thought it was you..."

The man looks up at Wanda and notices the tears in her eyes. "Wow, this new trick really does work. If I saw you crying a few hours ago then I would've been straight back to reality."

"New trick? What are you—"

"Ah right. So after the few failed killing attempts it got me thinking..." James says. "What is it about you that makes me still care? So after some digging, I realized that you Wanda are my humanity. At first, I thought it'd be the kid— but I was wrong. You're the one who makes us less... you know— psycho. And I can't do anything without thinking "What about Wanda" and no matter how hard I try all these damn memories of us come flooding back in blah blah blah."

"What memories?"

"Nice try, Wanda. But we're not doing that. So, now moving on," James continues. "I began to think what can I do to stop these memories from switching me back?" he taps his head with his finger. "And that's when it clicked. All I have to do... is switch out the good memories with the bad. And hey! It's working pretty damn well. Don't you agree?" he asks pointing behind Wanda.

Behind Wanda stood Kate.

"H-hey pops." Kate softly says.

James smirks, his eyes flicker red.

Wanda steps in front of Kate protectively, before she glanced back at her husband. "I'm not buying it."

"That sounds like a you problem, Wanda," James says as he continues to tap the glass. "Anyway, speaking of you problems— I didn't know this was a daycare now. Why the hell don't we send that spoiled brat Natasha back to the future."

"James!"

Kate's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean back to the future? Natasha isn't from this timeline?"