"Yes she will. When did you wake?" Ayo pulled out beverages from a bag.

"A little over an hour ago" David watched Ayo. 'What does she like about this guy?'

"Are you hungry?" Ayo felt weird. This was the person that killed his brother and here he was asking if he was hungry. 

"I'm more thirsty than hungry" David replied. Waiting.

"Here" Ayo threw a can of cold fanta his way which he caught with ease. 'Still got reflexes' He gulped down half in less than a minute. "I'm waiting"

"For..??"

"You!"

"I don't like you.." Ayo confessed.

"There it is" He took the can back to his lips.

"..but I don't hate you either. Efe told me about the compulsion on you, so it's hard to get angry at you for something you had no control over. You probably don't remember what happened." Ayo sat on the sofa.

"So you pity me?" What is wrong with his guy?  

"No, I do not pity you. I'm not happy my twin is dead but at the same time I'm happy he isn't in pain anymore. I'll try to get along with you for Efe's sake. I have no intention of dragging this out and keeping malice" Ayo unscrewed a bottle of water.

"I don't get. So you're not mad at me?" David raised a brow.

"Course I'm angry at you. You did kill my brother." Ayo scrolled through Instagram.

'HERO'S OR VILLAINS? WHERE ARE THEY?'. Headlines kept popping up.

"Soo?? You're not going to do anything about it?"

"You can kill me with a thought. I'd.."

"I can't use my powers anymore" Water poured down Ayo's jaw. "I think it's God's way of punishing me for my sins. It might come back later on, I don't know... But for now I'll gladly accept my punishment." David threw the empty can into the trash bin on the other side of the room. "Score" he adjusted the brown duvet and laid back with the bed in a slightly slanted position. "Just so you know.. I am truly sorry for whatever harm I have done to your family. I also won't retaliate if you suddenly start beating me... Though Efe will kill you if you do" He snickered at the last part, Ayo pretended not to hear that part.

"How about I make a suggestion so we get along" Ayo finally spoke, in a small voice.

"I'm listening..."

"You will owe me three favors. No questions asked when the time comes" For what it's worth, Ayo considered this an excellent plan. David eyed him suspiciously.

"I agree. No questions asked"

"Also.. Keep this from Efe" It was more of a command than a request.

"Is that number one?" David peeked through an eye. Ayo shot him a dirty look "I'll take that as a no then." He fell asleep.

*****

"I bet you he's going to propose to her.. Nollywood movies are so predictable" Tosin gambled with Efe and Ayo.

"I swear" Efe face palmed in frustration.

"How can you tell?" Ayo didn't see what they did.

"Can't you see the way he's touching her.." David piped in from the bed.

"Yeah.. You see that's..." Efe snapped her head in the direction of his voice. "David? You're awake?"

"Baby girl.. I think I'm sleep talking" He used her new found nickname. Efe threw the set of white whot cards she was shuffling in the air, running to David's side. Tears swam in her eyes.

"Oh no! Don't tell me you want to cry again" David frowned.

"I'm not going to cry" Efe replied in a wobbly voice. She broke into tears. "I thought you weren't going to wake up" she lightly hit his shoulder "I was so scared. What took you so long??!" Her voice became thick with emotion, making it much less clear. Tosin came closer to the bed too, Ayo just watched from his seat.

"C'mon have faith in me" his british accent surfaced. He opened up his hands for a hug, which she gladly came into. She cried. "It's okay na.. I'm okay now.. Even though I can't use my powers" he whispered yet she caught it.

"What?" She snivelled, her eyes were puffy. He shrugged. "What do you mean by that? Are you okay?" Efe felt pained.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it'll come back later when I heal completely. I'm okay with it."

"Liar" Efe replied unconvinced by him. 

'You would know, won't you Efe...' David replied in his heart. "I'm being sincere" he lied. "I want to experience normality" Here, he told the truth.

"You deserve it. You should be the child that you are" Efe laughed brushing the subject off.

"Child?? Ouch!" He put his hand over his heart. 

"I agree" Tosin added.

"Not you too" He turned to Tosin's figure leaning on the wall. Tosin shrugged then retreated to the sofa.

"Welcome back kid! " Ayo once again threw a can of fanta his way, and again, he caught it. 

"It's good to be back" Fanta hissed open. Efe laughed joyfully.

   'Yes it did get rough along the way, we made friends and we lost an unforgettable friend, however through all that, we got here. Together. We defeated the enemy and came out on top. If we got through this, I believe we can get through anything.'

"Here's a toast to Mide. He continues to live on in our hearts and minds... Making silly jokes" Efe chuckled. "Always and Forever" She smiled to cheer Ayo. He mouthed a 'Thank you' then brought the can to his lips.

"Always and Forever" He called.

"Always and Forever" They chanted into the breezy night.

     Outside the hospital, in the shadows stood a familiar feminine figure. Her black hood, blown back by the wind revealed braids. "I've found you." The Augment whispered.

THE END.

Lol.
Just kidding…

A/N: Tell me what you think, I want to hear it all. More like read it all but you get what I mean, right?
Lol, anyway...
Watch out for the Epilogue...
Kisses :*