Chapter 43: sour 17

Start from the beginning

"You like it?" He asks, peering up at me.

"I love it, did you make it?" I ruffle his hair and pick the globe back up, admiring it.

"Yeah, I mowed a few peoples lawns for some money to get both of your presents." Theo and I exchange glances and both sandwich Gray.

"We love you." We both say in unison.

"Stop doing that." He groans, shoving us off.

"Okay, you guys have to get to school soon so open these." Mom motions to her presents. "It's not a lot but I think you'll like them."

Theo rips open his bag impatiently, pulling out a shirt. When he unfolds it he reveals a Jersey of his favorite baseball player. "I love it!"

"Good, I thought you might." Mom pinches his cheek. He pulls his shirt off and puts the jersey on. I move to the table and open my bag. There's multiple art supplies. Paint, canvases, pencils and even more. I examine all of it, my joy growing.

"This is perfect!" I tell her, looking at all the new colors. I wish I didn't have school so I could stay at home and paint all day. "Do I have to go to school today?"

"Yes, we have to be together all day. Just like the womb." Theo wraps an arm around me in a annoying manor. The honk of Cams truck blares so we all rush out the door, saying goodbye to mom.

"There's the birthday twins!" Connor hops out of the truck and hugs us both before climbing back in. Theo and I both climb in the front seat, me smooshed between them.

"Well, you're officially old." Cameron says when he starts driving.

"Well someone had to catch up with you" Theo chuckles. Cameron blares music from his radio the rest of the ride to school.

The first few periods pass as normal. Sara had little balloons tied to our seats in first period and so many people stopped Theo to say happy birthday. He would mention that it was my birthday too and they would say "oh yeah, I forgot." or something like that.

I'm walking down the hall by myself when I'm pulled into an empty classroom.  Cameron pushes me against the wall and kisses me intently.

"What are you doing?" I ask, peering up at him.

"I wanted to wish you a happy birthday." He smirks, kissing me again.

"You did in the truck." I remind him, his hands attach to my waist and he presses me even closer.

"Yeah but I couldn't do this in the truck." He whispers, kissing down my neck before making his way back up to my lips. The warning bell rings and he pulls back this time. "You're going to be late for class."

"It's my birthday, I can be late for class." I giggle, placing my hand on the back of his head and pull him into me.

{~}

The party was supposed to be small. Just our group and the baseball team. I'm pretty close with the team seeing as I grew up with them and have been to every game. The only probably is they'll all want to bring their girlfriends or boyfriends and then they'll want to bring their friend.