Chapter 7- Pancakes

C H A P T E R 7
P A N C A K E S

"Most people want things to be black and white but sometimes we must settle for the colors in between"

Song- Can I call you tonight; Dayglow

*trigger warning for this chapter; read with caution*

Marlee

I feel strong arms carry me into bed and immediately know it's Cam. I can't open my eyes so just let him carry me to my bed. He lays me in my bed and I feel him place a blanket over me before I fall back to sleep.

"It's not a big deal" He kisses down my neck, the lips I once found sweet and loving now make me sick to my stomach.

"I said no!" I use all my strength to shove him off. My sugar was low, my strength was low because of that. 

"Shut up!" The sting of a slap could be felt across my cheek.

"Get off of me!" He starts kissing down my chest and I quickly lift my leg up and knee him. He groans before his eyes harder. His hand goes straight to my neck choking me.

I gasp for air trying to pry his hands away from me. The room gets darker and darker. My head hurts and everything around me blurs.

"Lee"

"Lee wake up"

"Lee!"

I shoot up gasping for air. My hand immediately flys to my throat holding it protectively. I look around and see Cam sitting on the bed next to me. His laptop was open at the end of the bed with an assignment pulled up.

He places a hand on my back rubbing it as I try to control my breathing. Tears threaten to leak from my eyes but I hold them back.

"It's okay Lee, you're okay" Cam says soothingly. I meet his eyes letting one tear slip from me but I quickly wipe it away.

"I- I saw him" I say. He nods placing a hand on the back of my head and pulling me into his chest. I wrap my arms around him tightly as if I let go I would break.

"He's never going to hurt you again, I promise" He whispers running his fingers through my hair and kissing my forehead.

"What if he does?" I ask looking up at him. His deep chocolaty eyes calm me down.

"I won't let him" he tells me honestly, I can hear it in his voice. We sit like that for a few minutes until I'm calmed enough. He then shuts his laptop setting it on the beside table and turns the light off.

We've been sharing a bed since we were little. When he sleeps here he always sleeps on my bed since Theo is a kicker and there's not enough room for Connor, Grayson and him in Grays room.

He places the blanket over us and settled into bed. We lay in silence for a minute before Cam turns to face me propping his head up with his hand.

"How long have you been having nightmares again? I thought they were gone?" He asks me. I sigh playing with my fingers that lay on my stomach. He places a hand over them to still me.