Chapter 39: Tattoos

C H A P T E R  3 9

T A T T O O S

"I swear if we could kiss under the moonlight all of our problems would disappear"

Song- Someone new;Hozier

Marlee

Cam and I walk through the city with our hands interlocked. We pass the giant Farris wheel we saw earlier in the night. The part of the city we were at felt totally different than where the restaurant was at. So many different people walked around, playing games, eating food from trucks and listening to music.

All the stores and restaurants had their doors open for people to come in and out as they pleased. The atmosphere brought an even wider smile onto my face.

"This place is so cool!" I nudge Cameron who smiles down at me, kissing my forehead.

"I thought you would like it here." He nods and starts pulling me down the street "I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

He freezes and turns to me, groups of people walk around me "it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

After pushing through the crowd we end up at a tattoo and piercing parlor. I look at Cam suspiciously but he leads me in and a guy around our age sits at the counter, reading a magazine.

"Scott!" Cam announces, the guy looks up and smiles.

"Cameron! It's been forever." He walks out from behind the counter. "And this must be your girlfriend."

"I'm Marlee." I reach out and shake his hand ignoring the fluttering feeling I got when he called me Cams girlfriend. I liked the sound of it. "So are you getting my name tattooed across your ass or chest?"

"Both actually." Cam teases as Scott goes behind the desk and typed something into his computer. "Actually we're giving each other tattoos."

"We are?!"

"Well, only if you're up for it?" He raises both of his eyebrows in a challenging way.

"Of course I am but isn't that illegal?"

"Scott went to Baseball camp with Theo and I, his dad owns this shop so I called in a favor." He explains, wrapping an arm around my waist.